Bug report: Keyboard covers the 1Password login window on the iPad in landscape mode

Options
zool
zool
Community Member

This is what happens when I try to open 1Password from inside Safari on the iPad in landscape mode. Pretty gross.

Comments

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the update today (10/30) caused the landscape bug to return.

If you hold your iPad in landscape in Safari and launch the 1PW share sheet, the keyboard covers the text entry field.

-Kevin

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kevin,

sorry that you have problems with the keyboard covering fields up. Unfortunately you found a bug there. I will add it to our bug tracker.

• tdavey
    tdavey
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to add to this but can only use haf keyboard hence odd to messaged got no . Ecunechbrjchbdvjhbdc idea what I'm typing lol you aright soz bye

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @tdavey‌

• loic
    loic
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same bug, french system.

• Thanks @loic. We've got it logged in our bug tracker.

• GeorgeK
    GeorgeK
    Community Member
    Options

I have deleted and re downloaded the app and still have the problem that you can see in the image.
    I cannot use the keyboard within the app which makes it almost useless as I do my bank stuff inside 1password and need the keyboard to work.
    I have waited about 10 days now hoping that an update would appear and cure the issue??

Is there no email for support? Or a Help Desk?

Thanks

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Are you using the app in landscape mode? If so, this is an iOS bug not yet fixed by Apple. I believe you can work around it by force closing 1P (double click on the home button and swipe up on 1Password) and then re-opening the app.

Stephen

• GeorgeK
    GeorgeK
    Community Member
    Options

That worked!
    Thank you so much. It was making me nuts.
    I really appreciate your speed in replying!

BTW In iOS 8 it is a double-click on the home button.

• GeorgeK
    GeorgeK
    Community Member
    Options

And the issue was in both landscape and portrait mode and is now resolved in both!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

BTW In iOS 8 it is a double-click on the home button.

You are, of course, quite right. Sorry for that. I've edited my post to correct it for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread. I'm glad it fixed the problem for you. iOS 8 is still a little buggy I think.

Stephen

• GeorgeK
    GeorgeK
    Community Member
    Options

Today you are my hero!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GeorgeK,

I'm glad @Stephen_C was able to help you with that! Our developers have filed a bug report with Apple about this issue, and we're also hoping it's fixed soon. Until then, it's possible you'll run into the same problem again, but the same steps to force close the 1Password app and reopen it should still help.

If you need anything else, we're here for you! :)

• IrkenSkoodge
    IrkenSkoodge
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1password installed on my iPad 4 with ios 8.1.2, when I am in safari and use the extension to login to a site in landscape mode the keyboard comes up and blocks the window that shows what I am typing. I included a screenshot to show what I mean.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is, I believe, an iOS 8 bug which everyone is waiting for Apple to fix.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

I've merged a few threads on the same subject here. Please see the comments above. :)

This discussion has been closed.