automatic login in Safari

Options
tmabie
tmabie
Community Member

With some websites after clicking on the website, it automatically fills in and logs into the website. With others, it only fill in the login information. How can I get it to automatically log in? thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. The reason that usually works is given on the linked page:

Saving a new Login manually can be helpful for fixing Logins that are problematic or that were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page and start from a clean slate.

Sometimes websites make changes to their login pages behind the scenes and the result can be that 1P stops working with those logins. Try choosing one of the problem sites and following this procedure to see if it solves the problem.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tmabie‌

Can I ask, what version of 1Password are you using as well, is it the Web Store version (if you purchased directly from us) or is it the Apple MAS version? The MAS version has certain sandboxing restrictions that the Web Store version doesn't and some MAS users find the Auto-submit Script for 1Password (Mac App Store) helps (more information available in Auto-submit not working in Mac App Store version of 1Password after 4.2 extension update).

Also some sites are just coded differently and may not want to play ball with our submit action.

So there are a couple of possibilities there between Stephen_C's post and my own. Let us know if either helps explain what you're observing and if it works.

This discussion has been closed.