Web version trial to expire- how to obtain a 1Password version allowing Cloud sync

Options
Gareth406
Gareth406
Community Member

Hi
First time poster here.
I've been enjoying using the 30 trial of 1Password 5.0.2 on my Mac running OS Yosemite.
At the moment I sync my data across iPhone and Mac via WiFi.
I'd like to purchase a license once the trial expires.
However It would be more convenient to have Cloud synching in the licensed version.
Would Cloud synching be possible if I now purchased a license via the App Store on my Mac? Or would I be stuck with this new license being applied to my existing Web trial version which, as I understand it, would not allow Cloud Synching?
Hope this is clear.
Gareth

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

You can purchase from the Mac App Store to get access to iCloud syncing if you like. There are specific instructions for how to make this move, though. So be sure to follow them. The main issue is that the version you have been using and the one from Apple Store data is different locations. Read about doing that here: Migrating to the Mac App Store version

• Gareth406
    Gareth406
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Hawkmoth. That link seems to answer my queries.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gareth406‌ That's great that hawkmoth managed to get you all sorted out. As your query seems to have been fully answered I'm going to close this thread but if you have any further questions do please ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.