Backing up password file

Options
wmeleis
wmeleis
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to create a backup of my password file on a Mac/Yosemite. I've followed all the instructions and the troubleshooting tips and it's still not working. I'm syncing with a folder on my own computer, which creates a file called 1Password.agilekeychain. When I open the bundle and click on the 1Password.html file, I get the error "Problem loading 1Password data file". I've confirmed that I have read and write access to the key data file, and I've waited a long time for the syncing to finish. Since this is going to be my backup, I'm concerned that there appears to be some problem with the files that are being created. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @wmeleis,

You may be running into an issue with local file restrictions when opening the 1Password.html file (1PasswordAnywhere). If this is the case, then there's not an issue with the data.

However, the .agilekeychain format is used mainly for syncing. 1Password automatically creates dedicated backups for you as well.

All vaults are backed up in 1p4_zip files. They contain a backup of your local database (OnePassword.sqlite).

The backup files are located at:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups/ — AgileBits store version

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/ — Mac App Store version

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.