Password confusion and trouble syncing

Options
2»

Comments

• Spinoza1939
    Spinoza1939
    Community Member
    Options

O.k,, finally I have a new password for gmail. 1P is now synced across all devices, and the same password for gmail shows up on all.
    However, I still cannot access gmail from my iPad. When I open the mail app, it says Cannot Get Mail, the password for gmail is incorrect. I click on settings, and paste in the new password from 1P, and it continues to say it's incorrect. I tried rebooting the iPad. Same result. So now what?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spinoza1939‌

Okay, so you have a Login item on your Mac that works. Yet despite the fact that it does work there and appears to have synced correctly you're saying it doesn't work on your iOS device?

1. Is this a brand new item you've created or you have you altered an existing one?
    2. Here's the URL I have associated with mine. https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?sacu=1&scc=1&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F&hl=en&service=mail Does it match what you're using?
    3. There's something else to check on both your Mac and your iOS devices. If you look in the web form details section of the Login on all devices do the passwords in there match up to the more visible password field in the Login item?
    4. How are you currently logging in? are you following Megan's suggestion in post #20?

It's very puzzling. It works fine here for the Login items I've created.

• Spinoza1939
    Spinoza1939
    Community Member
    Options

I am currently logged in to gmail on a tab I have kept going throughout all this. I have not dared log off and try to log in again for fear of losing all access to my email.
    I thought I had successfully changed my gmail password this morning just before I wrote #32. On the iMac, I tried to log in on new tab with the wrong password, and then followed the drill for changing my password, and seemed to have successfully done it -- it was confirmed by gmail. But now when I tried to login to gmail from 1P, using that new password, it takes me to google account settings, not to gmail.
    The answer to question 3 is yes for the iMac. But I don't know how to access the web form details in iOs.
    Re. 2: In iOs, I only see about 1/3 of that long URL under website, but that part matches what you have.

Now this just happened. On the iPad in 1P, I tapped the website of Google. It took me to my Google account settings page, and there I found a place to tap that took me to my gmail inbox! However, the gmail app on the iPad still denies that it has the correct password, even though, I have entered the new one in the iOs settings for gmail.

I think we're making progress. How do I get the iOS gmail settings to recognize the new password?

• Spinoza1939
    Spinoza1939
    Community Member
    Options
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @Spinoza1939‌

I've sent an email message to the address attached to your forum account. Please check your inbox!

ref: EZS-35312-698

This discussion has been closed.