Fill-In not working on some login pages of the German phase-6 website

Options
FTheinen
FTheinen
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using 1Password 5.0.2 from Mac App Store with Safari 8.0.2 and 1Password 4.2.5 extension on OS X Yosemite 10.10.1.

1) Problem description:

(a) Open "https://www.phase-6.de/service/user/login.html" in Safari (without using 1Password), enter "user" and "pass" in the corresponding webpage fields, manually save a new login in 1Password extension and close the Safari tab. Open a new Safari tab, this time using the 1Password login entry created, and the fields are not being filled in, neither automatically nor when selecting the offered login entry again.

(b) Exercising the same procedure with "https://www.phase-6.de/" works correctly as expected (you have to use the dropdown field called "Anmeldung" to see the login entry fields).

2) Idea:

In the working case (b) the username field has "id = josso_username" and "name = josso_username" in the HTML source code and also in the JSON output of the new login entry in 1Password.

In the problem case (a) the username field has "id = josso_username2" and "name = josso_username" in the HTML source code and also in the JSON output of the new login entry in 1Password. Note the "2" in the "id", so far, so good. In the HTML source code there is also code using "id = josso_username" and "name = josso_username" (this time without the "2"). I didn't further analyse the HTML source code, because it's not my field of expertise, so I cannot say if the problem is in the web page design itself or in 1Password, but I'm sure your developers will find out ...

Regards, Frank

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FTheinen‌ Thank you for that detailed post :smile: I'll make sure it's added to our tracker.

• FTheinen
    FTheinen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

having learned a little bit HTML today I think I've understood what happened:

The webpage I had problems with has 2 sets of input fields for login. One of them is visible, the other one is hidden like on the main webpage. Both set of input fields have the same 'name' attributes but different 'id' attributes. When manually filling the visible fields and saving a new login, the JSON output shows the 'id' and 'name' attributes of the visible fields. When using the saved login later only the 'name' attributes seem to get compared to the fields on the webpage and so the hidden fields, which are defined earlier than the visible fields in the HTML code, get filled in.

I only stumbled upon this behavior because I disabled the automatic submit functionality for testing purposes, otherwise this would have gone unnoticed by me, because it is ok to fill either set of input fields in this webpage.

So the strategic question for the developers is: Should the 'id' attributes be compared or not?

Regards, Frank

• Thank you for reporting this issue, Frank.

You're right, we should be able to use the html id attribute to determine which field should be filled. Normally we do exactly that, but we had an optimization that is causing troubles here.

I will make sure this is fixed in the next update.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.