Updated today and I'm really upset.

mentwisle
mentwisle
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Mac

I got what looked like an auto announcement of an upgrade, which I installed. And, now, 1password is working weird. It automatically entered my ID and PW at two financial sites. Also, when I logged out of my Schwab account, it went to the login page with all my login information still entered so anyone could relog into my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really afraid that this upgrade wasn't really from AgileBits and I've been hacked. Worst of all, there's no way I can figure out to contact a real person at AgileBits to make sure there's no problem.

OMG, now, it's not putting in my password at Citicards. I have never had any problems with 1Password for years until today...

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mentwisle, we're all real people here, and I'm sure I can help you out with this. :)

1Password never fills a login form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so by double-clicking a Login item in the main 1Password app, or by invoking the 1Password extension in your web browser. From your description, it doesn't sound like 1Password is filling your info on those sites.

If your login credentials are already filled when you open a site (or when you log out of a site), it sounds like your web browser saved your username/password for that site and is set to automatically fill it in for you. If you'd like to turn off your browser's autofill feature, you can follow the steps here: Disabling browsers’ built-in password managers

Now as far as 1Password not filling your password on the Citicard site, that's a completely separate issue. To figure out why that isn't working, can you please let us know some more details:

• What is the exact URL you're using for your Citicard login site?
    • What is the exact URL in your Login item for Citicard in 1Password?
    • What steps do you take to have 1Password fill your Citicard login credentials? (For example, double-click the Login item in 1Password, or open the site first and then click the 1Password extension in your browser, or use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?)

You may also want to take a look at the tips in this thread to create a working Login item for a Citicard account. That site often doesn't want to play nice with 1Password! ;)

• mentwisle
    mentwisle
    Community Member

Thank you. Glad to know you are out there! I'll try all your suggestions. Maybe Safari has gone nuts, but it never did that before I upgraded to 5.1. Here's the Citicard info;
    URL for login site: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
    URL from 1Password: https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/home.do
    I open 1Password extension in Safari, start typing "citi", 1Password highlights Citicards, I press enter. 1Password always filled the ID and PW. Now, it only fills in ID and I have to copy and paste my password. Maybe it's Citi, but 1Password always filled both in before I upgraded to 5.1.

Now, my next problem, how to find your response. I had to skim 7 pages before I found my question again! I guess I should have checked sooner, but I was busy.

Thanks again for being there. 1Password is great.

• mentwisle
    mentwisle
    Community Member

Never mind. I just saw that I had a notification at the top of the screen. Clicked on that and took me right to my thread.

• Hi @mentwisle,

Can you tell me which version of 1Password extension is installed for Safari? To find out, open Safari, go to the Safari Menu > Preferences > Extensions, and select 1Password on the left sidebar. It should give you the version on the right.

When 1Password opened the site in Safari, does pressing CMD+\ again fill in your data?

This discussion has been closed.