Autofill does not work on iOS8, but works on iMac

Options
jjabakker
jjabakker
Community Member

Hi,

I have a website for which autofill works on the iMac OS X 10.10.1 and iPassword 5.02, but not on my iPad iOS 8.1.2 and iPassword 5.2.

The website is https://login.binck.nl/Klanten/login?ReturnUrl=/klanten/

On the iPad it does fill out, but with the wrong info, it seems.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Hans

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @‌jjabakker

sorry for the filling troubles. Could you please make sure that your Mac and your iPad are having the same data for the item you are trying to fill? Which sync method are you using to keep your vault up-to-date?

• jjabakker
    jjabakker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, there is no doubt about the data itself. When I experience the problem and then manually copy the data in, I can login. It is just that the data seems to be copied in incorrectly when 1password does it automatically. In fact if I were to venture a guess, I'd say that the password is copied in twice (also in the username field (judging from the number of characters). The username and password are written in Dutch. Does that matter?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjabakker‌

I'm sorry that this site has been giving you trouble. We've had previous issues with this site, but our developers thought they had straightened things out. Since you have 1Password for Mac as well, as a first step, let's try Saving a New Login Manually via the Mac app. This will allow 1Password to re-learn the fields that it is supposed to fill and can often help with cases like this.

Just to clarify, are you accessing this Login on iOS via the 1Browser or the app extension in mobile Safari?

• jjabakker
    jjabakker
    Community Member
    Options

Hallo,

I have tried it with the 1Browser and that is where the problem occurs, via the app extension it does not work at all: the fields remain empty.

I did 'relearn' as suggested, but that makes no difference.

On the Mac you are in the full site, on the iPad you are forced on the mobile site and I guess that is where the problem occurs.

Difficult to recognise a pattern though....

Hans

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi Hans ( @jjabakker‌ )

I did a bunch of testing with this and I can confirm:

• The 1Password Safari browser extension on iOS does not fill the form at all
    • 1Browser fills, but as I do not have valid credentials to test with I cannot say if it fills correctly

I noticed they use type=password for the username field as well as the password field. I can see how this would be confusing for 1Password. Hopefully this is something we can address in an update to the logic of our form filling in the future.

Sorry I do not have an immediate solution at this point.

Ben

ref: OPX-100

This discussion has been closed.