1Password 5.2 update and Dropbox Authorization Failed [+solution]

Options
noservice
noservice
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

I was having an issue, but solved it in the time of writing this post. I'll post it anyway for people having similar issues..

Since the last update this morning, 1 password gave me the following error every 10 seconds.

'Dropbox Authorization Failed

It appears 1Password is no longer authorized to connect to your Dropbox account. Tap Authorize to reconnect dropbox'

trying to authorize through the 1 password fails with a 403 error from dropbbox.

the main issue is, the error pops up every 10 seconds or so, rendering 1 password unusable.

The solution apparently was installing the dropbox app on the phone, which when trying to authorize, opens and does it.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

cc @MrRooni‌

I saw a post of yours in passing yesterday I think you were looking at an issue reported similar to this. Just wondering if the other folks and the app installed ?

• This issue is certainly on our radar as I've seen it reported by a handful of people. The popup is only supposed to appear once until the issue is handled, but clearly it's not working that way.

• JVS
    JVS
    Community Member
    Options

Just to be clear - You deleted the app and reinstalled? (and that solved it?)

• JVS
    JVS
    Community Member
    Options

Just went ahead and did just that and it solved the issue for me as well. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JVS, I'm very happy to hear that solved the problem for you, thanks for letting us know! :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.