BUG - 1Password crashes when you copy card title with icon

Options
MIANGOLA
MIANGOLA
Community Member

The 1Password app crashes when you mark and copy a cards title with icon. This should be looked into.
I use an iPhone 6Plus with v. 8.1.2 German.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MIANGOLA‌

Could you please walk me through the steps you take to cause this crash? Also which version of 1Password for iOS do you have installed?

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MIANGOLA,

Thanks for reporting this! I was able to reproduce your crash and reported it to our development team.

ref: OPI-2246

• ErtjeTheFreeze
    ErtjeTheFreeze
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same or similar problem. When I search a login and then try to copy the title, 1Password will crash. V5.2 on iPad model MD522NF/A iOS 8.1.2

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ErtjeTheFreeze,

You will yes, the issue is independent of iOS device, language etc. It's a bug just in 1Password that we need to address, I would hope it won't take long for our developers to rectify :smile:

• Teaman
    Teaman
    Community Member
    Options

I touched a login entry title to copy it. The copy prompt pop up appeared and I touched it and one password app crashes.

• Teaman
    Teaman
    Community Member
    Options

I am using an iPhone 6 with the very latest iOS. I am also using the latest 1password 5 version

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Teaman,

I've merged your thread with another as they're related. It's a recent bug and we are aware of it but thank you for posting your findings. Hopefully it won't be too bad to sort this out as I believe copying any other part of an item works fine. Hopefully we can get this one resolved without too much of a fight :smile:

• ErtjeTheFreeze
    ErtjeTheFreeze
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe you already found this out: there is a workaround for this. First go into edit mode, select the title and copy it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's some nice lateral thinking there @ErtjeTheFreeze :smile: bypass the bug and use the standard copy when editing. I hadn't thought of it so thank you for posting!

This discussion has been closed.