TOTP not working with Google Authenticator sites

Options
PBAdams
PBAdams
Community Member

I've attempted to setup 1Password TOTP fields for my Google Accounts and Evernote using the new built-in two factor authentication field type.

I went into my websites and generated new barcodes, which I scanned into 1Password. This resulted in a URL being entered into the field. I tried using the 6 numeric characters generated by 1password and that failed.

Next I extracted the secret from the URL and used that only: still did not work.

Finally, i tried with Evernote, which gave me an alphanumeric secret, not a barcode, which I typed into the 1password TOTP field. I verified the code and generated a TOTP that was not recognized. I tried this again with another secret, again verified. Still not recognized.

Is the new TOTP feature in 1password designed to work with Google Authenticator sites?

Is there some non-intuitive magic I am missing?

Comments

• PBAdams
    PBAdams
    Community Member
    Options

**OK – FIXED! **

I was using mobile web sites to access and change my two-factor settings. (e.g. web site on an iPad and setting up my TOTP using my iPhone.)

I tried again using a desktop website and using my iPhone, and everything worked as advertised in the user guide.

My bad – but possibly worth highlighting in documentation.

Thanks guys, TOTP in 1Password is a great Pro addition.

Regards,
    PBA.

• Glad to hear it is working. We'll make a note of that mobile vs. desktop issue. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.