One time password and Safari crash 1Password Extension

Options
RickS
RickS
Community Member

I have some trouble with OTP and Safari, on a iPhone 6 Plus end IOS 8.1.2

In 1Password I have setup OTP for Google and Dropbox.
The generated passwords password are correct if compared with those of Google Authenticator.

But 1password Extension crash when it try to copy the OTP to safari, and show me this message "Error Loading 1Password extension" "1password Extension failed to receive information from the app"
But, 1password extension works well in all other cases
For example with dropbox and google insert correctly username and password, but crash when i try to copy the OTP.

Can you help ?

Comments

• Good afternoon, @RickS. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having copying your OTP out of the extension. Are you able to copy your OTP from the main app without it crashing? Does 1Password crash when you copy anything else out of that particular login? Do you have any other logins with OTPs that you could try and copy from the 1Password Extension?

• RickS
    RickS
    Community Member
    Options

Are you able to copy your OTP from the main app without it crashing?

Yes, i can copy form main app to safari, i can olso copy from 1password Extension to safari.

Does 1Password crash when you copy anything else out of that particular login?

1password main don't crash, only the extension show me that error, but after that If i try again I can navigate in the login data (tap on the blue i), and manually copy and past the data form the extension to safari, but if i try to tap on the login title i return to the safari dopbox page but nothing is copied

Do you have any other logins with OTPs that you could try and copy from the 1Password Extension?

I create a new login olso for google, but i have the same error.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RickS‌

Unfortunately I'm having some difficulty reproducing this issue. Here is what I did:

• I opened google.com in Safari
    • I selected the login button
    • I used the 1Password extension to fill my password
    • On the TOTP page I opened the 1Password extension again but instead of telling it to fill I clicked the "blue i" to open the details of the login item and copied the TOTP to my clipboard
    • I canceled out of the 1P extension and pasted the TOTP into the login form

This all worked flawlessly for me. So, let's see if we can figure out what is different between your setup and mine.

I have:

• iPhone 6 (non-Plus)
    • iOS 8.1.2 (have not updated to 8.1.3 yet) -- non-jailbroken
    • 1Password 5.2
    • Google login was saved from the browser extension on a Mac, but TOTP code was added on 1P for iOS via QR code scanner

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.