Wi-Fi sync doesn't work (OS X & iOS)

Options
Cartilage
Cartilage
Community Member

Using 1Password for Mac and iOS (both are latest versions, running on OS X 10.10.1 and iOS 7.1.2 respectively). At some point, Wi-Fi sync stopped working. It would never complete (no errors given). After updating 1Password for OS X today, I get the following error when trying to sync to my iOS device:

In one sense this is progress. Before the update, no error was given. However, the issue still lingers. Can developers please advice, and, if possible, estimate when a fix will be available for this seemingly immortal bug?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @Cartilage‌,

Have you also updated the iOS version of 1Password today? (Note, I am assuming you meant to type iOS 8.1.2 above, not 7.1.2)

Try updating, then if it still doesn't work, try turning WiFi sync off on iOS and re-enabling it. Let me know if you get the same error.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Cartilage
    Cartilage
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, hayesk! I'm still on iOS 7.1.2 (iPhone 4S), so no typos there. From what you state, I'm inclied to infer that 1Password won't be updated for iOS 7, accordingly? At least there is no indication of such an update as of today in iOS. I have already tried a number of steps to resolve this, including the steps you mention.

Thanks again!

• venos
    venos
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@Cartilage‌
    Wifi sync not working for me either but no error message instead.read here in case sth is useful to you ; https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/35415/syncing-ipad-and-mac-with-wifi#latest

• Cartilage
    Cartilage
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Sir! We are not alone, then! Now, if any dev would kindly respond to my previous post about updates for iOS 7, that'd pretty much help a whole lot.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Cartilage

Because 1Password 5 for iOS was released as an update to 1Password 4 for iOS vs as a new app it is no longer possible to release further updates to 1Password 4 (the iOS 7 version). To get updates, please update to iOS 8. 1Password 5 for iOS is a free update from 1Password 4 for iOS.

Thanks!

• Cartilage
    Cartilage
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll concider updating my old device to iOS 8 then.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cartilage, I'm glad that was helpful for you! If you need anything else, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.