Autofill for OTP

Options
m42e
m42e
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the great OTP feature! But I have one question regarding the feature: will there be an autofill option for the OneTimePasswords as well?
So you can select either the login or the OTP to be filled.
Or an option to automatically copy the OTP to the clipboard when using the login data from within Safari?

Bye,
m42e

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. It is something we're looking into. :)

• laDouche
    laDouche
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

yes, i really need this feature. i don't let google chrome save any of my logins in cookies because the desktop password can be easily cracked and i don't want anybody to gain free access to my accounts. so now im left with the burden of having to enter the 2-factor codes manually everytime i log in which atm takes about 4 clicks with 1password. you can greatly ease my suffering by at least automatically copying the OTPs to the clipboard when a login is autofilled by 1p extension.

thank you!

edit: oops looks like i commented in a thread in the ios section. should i post a new thread in the windows section or would someone convey this msg to the windows/extension dev team?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @laDouche,

We're looking to implement this across all of our supported platforms. :) Thanks!

• laDouche
    laDouche
    Community Member
    Options

awesome!!! thank you...
    looking forward to it...
    keep up the great work guys!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words!

• laDouche
    laDouche
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

So yeh I thought I'd dig this up again cause there's been several updates to 1p and still no autofill fill for OTPs :-(

I'd be happy with at least 1p copying the OTP to clipboard so I can just paste it...

• Ben
    Options

@laDouche,

I'd be happy with at least 1p copying the OTP to clipboard so I can just paste it...

Tapping on the One Time Password will offer you the option to copy it to the clipboard.

So yeh I thought I'd dig this up again cause there's been several updates to 1p and still no autofill fill for OTPs :-(

I don't have any sort of a timeline as to when this may be available, but it is on the to-do list.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.