Sync iOS 8 - 1password 3.6.5 and Mac 1Password 5 os 10

Options
freshbread
freshbread
Community Member

This has always worked fine until...now....sync on iPhone and iPad says to tell computer to enter the two codes when prompted and computer says to tell iOS devices to enter a code. I can't figure this out. Currently I sync with dropbox. always have. and as versions started to diverge I did the manual wifi sync for iOS devices, which also always worked fine. Please advise. thanks.

Comments

• Good afternoon @freshbread‌. Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with 1Password 3 for iOS. Since you are running iOS 8 may I suggest that you update to 1Password 5? 1Password 3 for iOS will not sync with 1Password 5 for Mac.

Here are some instructions for moving all of your data to 1Password 5 for iOS from 1Password 3:

1. Make a few backups of your iOS data by following the instructions in How To: Back up your 1Password Data on the iOS. You'll want to follow the instructions for Backing up only. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12049/how-to-back-up-your-1password-data-on-the-ios-devi Save these files in a safe location, as we will need them to restore your data.
    2. On your iOS device, go into the Purchases section of the App Store (hidden within Updates on the iPhone) and verify that you see 1Password 3 there. If you don't see it there, DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE NEXT STEPS. Let me know if it's not there. Otherwise, move on to step 3.
    3. Now, remove 1Password 3 from your iOS device, and reinstall it from the Purchases section of the App Store. This should give you version 3.7.2 of 1Password.
    4. Follow the instructions on the above link to restore the backup we created in step 1.
    5. Launch 1Password 5 for iOS and choose the "Sync existing Vault" > "Import from Version 3" option.
This discussion has been closed.