Entering password for Apple ID

Options
billymack
billymack
Community Member

Every time I want to make changes to my settings on my iPhone 6, a enter password prompt pops up for my Apple ID, and I do not want to have to switch over to 1Password to copy the password every time I need my Apple ID password. Whats the trick?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @billymack‌

Other than memorizing that password or using Touch ID, copying & pasting is the most convenient way to login to that prompt. Apple does not allow for filling into it.

Thanks.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

How often are you changing settings does this happen?

• It'd be great if iOS would allow us to fill those password prompts, but I don't expect that to change anytime soon. For now, TouchID or memorizing the password is the only solution.

• billymack
    billymack
    Community Member
    Options

OK. So how do I set up the touch ID for logging in on my IOS?

I have another problem also. I use a PC at work, and a MAC and IOS at home and on the run...I want to use the 1P on my windows PC at work, so I don't have to copy and email my passwords...sort of defeats the purpose. So I have spent nearly $60 and do I have to purchase another license to use the windows version?

Thanks,

Bill

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Where in Settings are you asked for your Apple ID password on a regular basis @billymack? I can only think of the iCloud and iTunes & App Store sections where you might.

As for your other question. If you sync your vaults via Dropbox then you have access to something called 1PasswordAnywhere which would allow you to access your vault in a read-only state from any machine that you trust. That's one option. The other is, as you already suspect, to purchase a copy of 1Password for Windows. Now if you've already purchased 1Password for Mac then we can offer you a discount on the Windows version to match the bundle price had you purchased both at the same time. If you purchased 1Password for Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) then what you'd need to do is email us a copy of the receipt as Apple don't offer any purchase information from their store to us (so we have no idea who is a MAS customer at all). With a copy of the receipt though we'll offer the same discount as available to any of our AWS users.

Just to ensure you're aware, as Windows can't fully access iCloud and definitely not the CloudKit framework you wouldn't be able to use iCloud Sync to keep your Windows machine synchronised.

If you have any questions do please ask.

This discussion has been closed.