Feature Request: Direct sync between devices

Options
nocloud
nocloud
Community Member

Halo Thar.
I'm pretty sure that it is possible this has been requested before.
I am kind of anti cloud (I know right!)
I have data so sensitive (regarding 3rd parties) that if there was ever a compromise with dropbox and my password information was accessed, I could be sued and it would take 3 generations of my family line to recover.

Any chance of a direct to device sync being added? (e.x iPhone to iPad etc)
It is not foreign that I am away from my computer for a week at a time so between device syncing would be great.

Great work on this software by the way. Bravo <3

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@nocloud‌ This could be an option for you then. All your stuff will sync over wifi over your wireless network

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/sync-wi-fi

If you do have to use Dropbox, here is a link to set up 2 step verification. This way even if they have your password, they can't get in unless they have your cell phone in their hands.

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/363

• Nurinai
    Nurinai
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I have followed your link, the successful implementation of the iPhone. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nocloud,

I hope that the instructions above have helped you out - that's precisely what we would have recommended. Of course, if there is anything else that we can do for you, we're here. :)

Hi @Nurinai,

I'm so glad that @prime was able to help you get synced up! If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

• nocloud
    nocloud
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys. Thank you for taking the time to explain aspects of this wonderful software. Now that I'm home from ther outback I shall take note and attempt your suggestions.

Regards.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nocloud,

I do hope you enjoyed the outback - thanks for the kind words! We're here if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.