Problem with Citibank login using Safari

Options
xprmntlav8r
xprmntlav8r
Community Member

I'm having a problem with the login to the Citibank credit card website (https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do) using Safari 8.0.2 and 1Password 5.0.2. 1Password supplies the username correctly but mis-applies the password. The website at this point shows the password field as pink in color and then pauses. If I copy the password field from 1Password and manually paste it into the field the login proceeds normally. I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1.

Any ideas?

Comments

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with this website. The Citicard Tech folk say that it is a Safari problem and they ask that I turn Extensions off. We have used iPassword for several years with no problems but now neither mine or my wife's account will function as usual.

• xprmntlav8r
    xprmntlav8r
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to Yosemite 10.10.2 with Safari 8.0.3 and 1Password 5.1. Same result - it doesn't work.
    Regardless of what Citicard tech says is the problem, 1Password support should find a way to make it work.

• RamboAroundTheWorld
    Options

Have this problem as well, and on the Bank of America website, where in Firefox it applies the login to the 'lookup nearest branch' field instead of the login, but in Safari it works.

• Hi guys,

I have an account at Citi and it works for me. Can you guys try this and see if it works:

1. Visit the login page: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
    2. Enter your password manually first and then enter your username but don't submit the form just yet
    3. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then the gear icon next to the search field to select Save New Login. Give it a title, so you know which Login is new.
    4. Refresh the page to clear the login form and ask 1Password to fill in the new Login, does it work?
  • RamboAroundTheWorld
    Options

That worked for me

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member
    Options

Mike - As usual you folks come through. All is operating as it should. Thanks so much.

• xprmntlav8r
    xprmntlav8r
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked for me too. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

and that's what is great about the forums, one post helped all three of you out with 100% success :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if any of you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.