Secure Notes are blank for notes over a page long after 5.2 upgrade

MJ11
MJ11
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

I recently upgraded to 1Password 5.2 on both my iPad Air and IPhone 6plus. I have been a huge fan of 1Password for over a year, and use it at least a dozen times a day. I sync over iCloud. All seemed to go fine with 5.2 save minor glitches which were all solved reading these awesome discussion forums -- thank you!

I am just having one problem. All of my Secure Notes that are over a page long are blank. The name of the Secure Note appears, but the actual notes are gone. In my shorter Secure Notes, a page or less, everything is fine. Can anyone help me with this? I would be eternally grateful :)

Comments

• MJ11
    MJ11
    Community Member

One more piece of information that may be helpful -- when I open the blank Secure Note, the notes section where I previously had pages and pages of writing, although blank except for the word "notes," will let me scroll down almost as if my writing is still there but invisible to me. -MJ11

• Hi @MJ11 ,

We are aware of a display issue for really long notes, and are working on a fix. I believe all of the notes are still there, but just not displayed. You can confirm this by copying the note (tap it while not in edit mode) and select copy and try pasting it in the Notes app or other app that lets you paste large amounts of text.

ref: OPI-1986

• MJ11
    MJ11
    Community Member

Hi @hayesk ,

Thank you so much. I was able to confirm as you suggested. It's a relief I still have it all.

You guys are the best.

MJ11

• Thanks @MJ11. We'll get the display issue sorted out soon.

• MJ11
    MJ11
    Community Member

You guys always do @bwoodruff. I'm looking forward to it.

• Observant
    Observant
    Community Member

How soon? The Secure Notes problem has made your product useless to me. Thanks. ...Ed

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Hi @Observant,

I believe we've sorted out 2-3 Note related bugs in the hopefully to be soon released 1Password 5.2.1 for iOS. We hope to have these fixes out to everybody soon.

• revlisoft
    revlisoft
    Community Member

Any updates on the new version. It's been like 4 weeks that I have heard about a new version to fix the secure notes issues.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @revlisoft ,

We'll do what we can to get this fix version out to you all just as soon as possible! Unfortunately I don't have any details at this time on when the next update will be available.

• Tom Johnson
    Tom Johnson
    Community Member

we're all waiting....

• MJ11
    MJ11
    Community Member

@bwoodruff @hayesk Thank you! As promised, you guys fixed the display issue with 5.2.1. Well done :)

• Glad to hear it's working for you!

This discussion has been closed.