Creating a new very simple Login

Options
dks035
dks035
Community Member

So I've purchased a new app which comes with the app developers own version of sync. This sync requires a login which has an email address and a password.

I open 1password and I click the + for starting a new login. It seems that while I was away from the app it's been updated to a new version, a dumbed down version. What was simple is now tedious! I can't find anywhere that it can be turned off!

I enter my email address, I have it generate a password, now it wants a website. I don't have a website, I don't want to enter a website! I don't want to enter something like http://example.com that I might accidentally touch at some later date and open up in the browser. I just want to be finished. I had a look at the other categories but none of them interest me. I want to use a simple login category!

Is there anyway to turn this wizard crap off?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

The requirement to enter a web site is an issue that appeared recently. The developers say it will be removed in the next update. I've foud that I can add a new login record on the Mac application and save it without having to enter a URL. That then syncs to my iOS devices, where I seem to be able to edit and resave the record without a URL.

I realize that's just a workaround, not a solution. And it won't help users who don't use the desktop application.

• Thanks for following up, @hawkmoth.

@dks035 You're absolutely right that requiring a website entry on a login is a bit too restrictive. We have fixed this issue in 1Password 5.2.1, which is currently awaiting review by Apple. We're hoping to have it show up in the App Store in the next couple weeks.

Until then @Hawkmoth's workaround should get you there, or just entering dummy data in the address field that you then delete once you've saved the login. (Once logins are saved, putting them in Edit mode gives you the same old editor you know and love).

Thanks for the feedback!

• dks035
    dks035
    Community Member
    Options

Was having a bit of trouble with a corrupted preference on my iMac which I'm in the middle of fixing. I was unable to find which piece of software was causing the problem so was moving onto a second user login prior to deleting the first. I eventually got to the point where I could open and sync 1password and at that time added my new login.

Thanks and will look forward to the next

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dks035,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get things sorted out! We'll do what we can to get the fix version out to you all soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.