4.2b7/4.2b6 bug on moto g 2nd generation

fastmugen88
fastmugen88
Community Member

I'm currently using a nexus 7 2012 and moto g 2nd gen (xt1068 dualsim, Europe)., with lollipop 5.0.2. and 1password b7.
The bug only affects the Motorola, as far as I can tell for now the beta is running without prob!emson the nexus.
So; when I open 1password for the first time, I fill in the masterpassword, and when I relaunch from the app drawer it requested the pin lock, which is normal. But when I try to relaunch again from the app drawer the pinlock screen appears, I fill in the pin, the screen slides down but instead of seeing the 1password app, it show the home screen!!!
And, this maybe a second bug, after closing the app in the app drawer, instead off reverting for the master password lock screen, as it should be, as I m reopening instead off relaunching, it shows the pin lock screen again! And it continues to slid down and showing the home screen.
Notes;
-I have cleared the cache after installing lollipop, but haven't made a factory reset yet.

• I've noticed this behavior with beta 4.2b6 just before receiving the email to install b7, it didn't fix the issue.
  • I have to shut down the phone in order for the app opening with the master password screen
  • I can still access my passwords and logins with 1password keyboard, for opening apps and webpages, with the app behaving the way I explained.

Comments

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

Sorry, English is not my native language, I mentioned app drawer (with is the list off all apps installed, wright?), but I mean "list of open apps", on the 1st post.

• Hi @fastmugen88, :) Thanks for the feedback on 4.2b6 and 4.2b7. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing.

We released a beta update which resolved some of the problems in the previous beta releases. Could you please install the latest version (4.2b8) and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue? Thanks and have a great day!

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

Hi @peri, I'll install the new beta and report back. (I've since noticed that the same thing happened on the nexus7, so it shouldn't be related to the moto g only, but instead to lollipop, at least to version 5.0.2, that I'm running on both devices)
    As a workaround, I've been typing a wrong pin-lock the number of times needed for 1password to request back the master password in order to get back into the app, whenever I need to add something new (if I just need to access some login/password, it all works well through the keyboard)
    By the way, everything else seems to be working properly, I'm really enjoying this new features.
    Keep up with all the great work.

• Hey, @fastmugen88. From your description of the issue, it sounds like it may be related to a bug which we are having a hard time replicating. Please do upgrade to the latest beta and let me know if you're still experiencing the same problem on either device! Thanks again!

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

Hi @peri, I've updated (unistaling beta 7 first and instaling a fresh beta 8, instead of updating from b7) both devices to 4.2b8. The problem persists on both.
    I've now nailed the behavior, so;
    1st, opening the app, requests the masterpassword, it opens - OK
    2nd, whenever you go back to the app, it requests the pinlock, opens - OK
    3th, if you go to the list of apps that are open in the background, you slide left to close, it disapears (closes, or at least it should)- OK
    Now the problems;
    4th, when you go tap 1password symbol to open it, it opens, but instead of displaying the master password lock screen it presents the pin lock screen - Not OK
    5th, you then enter the pinlock, it slides the lock screen downwards and doesn't enter the app, slides down and shows the lollipop home screen - not OK

So, I think that when you close the app, it actually isn't closing properly, and when you reopen it doesn't open properly.
    When I insert a wrong pinlock several times, on the last one it appears a subtitle with grayed background displaying the message "closing 1password", after this it opens and functions OK, till you slide it to close, afterwards it starts to replicate the behavior in point 4 and 5 above.

Hope I've been explicit enough this time, and that it could help you guys to try to fix it.
    Nice work, best regards...

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

p.s. just receive beta 9 notification, I'll test it and report back...

No luck @peri, just tested beta 9 on the moto g, the problem persists, please refer to the above comment to understand the behavior ( I'll test it with the nexus7 asap).

Note that it only behaves this way if you activate the pinlock, if you only use the app with the master password it works correctly.

Best regards...

• Thanks for the update! By chance to you have CyanogenMod installed?

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

No @peri, I'm running completely stock lollipop 5.0.2, no root, no unlock, stock...stock...stock... Received ota from google and Motorola...

• Thanks so much for all the details. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#and4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Thanks in advance!

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

@peri, just sent the email with the diagnostic on the moto g.

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

@peri, Just re-sent because syncing was off on mobile data with the first diagnostic

• Thanks for Diagnostics Report. We've since heard from few others who are experiencing this issue and have filed a bug for it. We really appreciate your thoughtful input and clear steps to reproduce the issue. We're hoping to be able to reproduce this with the steps you provided. :)

Hopefully we can get this one sorted out soon. I'll let you know when there's news. Thanks again, @fastmugen88!

• @fastmugen88 Thanks to your super helpful steps to reproduce, we were able to fix this one right away. Please download the latest beta (4.2b10). That should do the trick! :)

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

Hi @peri, glad I could help... :)
    Congratulations to all the team.
    I'll test the new beta asap, and report back...

• Great! Let me know if that takes care of the problem. Thanks! :)

• fastmugen88
    fastmugen88
    Community Member

Solved, nice work, it now works flawlessly :)

• That's good news! I"m glad to hear this problem is resolved in the latest beta.

Please let us know if you have any further problems. Thanks, and have a great night! :)

This discussion has been closed.