Different keychain files in Dropbox

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Synchronization between iPad and iPhone not working.

Comments

• DirkBecker
    DirkBecker
    Community Member
    Options

There are even worse news: Dropbox won't work either

I have a similar situation - iPhone 3GS stuck at 1Password V4.3.2, and just realized that it still had old copies of my Passwords. No warning from my iPad that it would maintain the passwords in incompatible format, no choice to keep with the legacy iCloud (1Password should have offered that as separate sync service).

After browsing the knowledge base for nothing (Users of V4 just upgrade - hah) I finally came here and went thru switching towards DropBox. Fortunately I have both devices with me. I switched both devices, they apparently now sync with DropBox. Just into different hierarchies - one into /Apps/1Password, the other into /1Password. What's next - are we supposed to shuffle the folders around manually?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DirkBecker,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with Dropbox sync! I moved your message to a separate thread as it's a different problem than the other discussion.

To make sure I understand: You've set up Dropbox sync in 1Password on two different devices, but each one syncs with a different .agilekeychain file in Dropbox? If so, the solution is to disable Dropbox sync on one device, then set it up again and choose the same .agilekeychain file that syncs with the other device.

If your iPad has iOS 8 and 1Password 5, it's probably easier to make the change there. Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Service > Disable Sync. After disabling the sync, set up Dropbox sync again. You should get the choice between the two different .agilekeychain files. Make sure you choose the same one your iPhone syncs with. If you get a "Vault Mismatch" warning, you can go ahead and choose to merge (this will update both devices with any changes you've made to 1Password).

I hope this helps! If you have questions about that, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.