MFA Not autofilling

Options
og6k
og6k
Community Member

Hi, the app doesn't auto fill the multi factor auth, it just refills my username on the MFA slot. It fills in username, password, and username, then tries to enter the site. I use IOS8 on iPhone 6. The website I am trying to log in to is my personal website admin area.

Comments

• og6k
    og6k
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried it on AWS and its a bigger issue. The app auto fills my username for both the account field and the mfa field. The biggest problem is that the mfa code that 1password spits out is not working at aws at all, with or without the app.

• Hi @og6k,

On your personal site, is this a site you developed yourself? If so, is the name for the mfa field set to "username", by any chance?

Regarding the incorrect code on AWS, there is a bug, which will be fixed shortly, where in some cases the TOTP is not generated properly. In the mean time, you can try scanning the QR code again, or manually entering the seed number, and see if that helps.

And regarding it filling the username, we will look into that. Something on the site seems to be fooling 1Password into believing that field is also a username field.

• maxaudet
    maxaudet
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Here, fyi, the OTP code for AWS is ok in 1Password but it's not autofilled (this will be a killer feature when it'll work!)
    (I'm on Windows with Chrome extension though)

• og6k
    og6k
    Community Member
    Options

With the amazon AWS, it was my fault about the code not working because I forgot to sync the new device properly, I just scanned the code without inputting two consecutive codes from 1password. And for the autofilling issue, the website is wordpress admin area, I used a plugin that allows MFA, I have used 2 different plugins so it isn't on the plugin end because 1password still thinks its a username field on both AWS and my wordpress admin area.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @og6k,

If you can let us know the names of the plugins it might prove useful to the devs as to how things are going wrong.

• Hi @og6k,

Do you have a Mac? If so, could you please try saving a new login manually for your WordPress admin area? Please follow this guide: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

Enter your username and password, and leave the MFA field empty when saving the login.

Please let us know if that prevents 1Password from filling your username into the MFA field.

• og6k
    og6k
    Community Member
    Options

I have a mac, but I don't have 1password for mac. I mainly use it on my iOS for now. I just got an iPhone 6, bought 1password for iOS, my iCloud keychain isn't connected with my mac yet.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @og6k,

We have a free trial of 1Password 5 for Mac available on our website, so you could try installing that in order to try Jasper's suggestion. If you can get the Login working on your Mac, you could sync that to your iPhone and see if it works there. When you save a Login item with the 1Password extension on a Mac, it saves web form details for the login form on the site, which doesn't happen when creating a Login in the iOS version.

If you try that, does it help?

• og6k
    og6k
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG if I changed my IOS app from iCloud sync to dropbox sync (Because the web version doesn't do iCloud sync, from my research), would I still be able to switch back to iCloud sync when I do decide to get the app from the mac App Store, without losing any of my data?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @og6k,

Yes, you can certainly switch back to iCloud sync later. When you do that, 1Password will update the data in iCloud with any changes you've made since the last time you synced with iCloud. There should be no problems with that, but let us know if you have more questions about it.

• og6k
    og6k
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG I went through the instructions sent by @JasperP and 1password no longer inputs the username 2x, now it just doesn't input anything in the MFA input box. Both on the IOS and mac web version.

• og6k
    og6k
    Community Member
    Options

same thing happens with amazon AWS. It has to be inputed by using the code generated by the iPhone app. I don't know how to see the 6 digit mfa code on the mac, just the link of the QR. I don't mind manually inputing it from the 1password iOS app, thats what I used to do with the google authenticator app anyways, but when you guys perfect this, I will be more than happy.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @og6k,

The one-time password feature hasn't been added to the Mac version of 1Password yet, so for now you'll need to get the 6 digit code from the iOS version. (Just to clarify: the "one-time password" field will sync from iOS to Mac, but won't currently generate one-time passwords in the Mac version.) Our developers are working on adding that feature to 1Password for Mac, although I don't have an exact timeframe for when that will be available. Sorry for any confusion about that!

If you have more questions, just let us know. :)

• erikankrom
    erikankrom
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I love the functionality Authy provides in both their iOS App and their Chrome Web Extension and Chrome Mac App. I'd love to migrate all of my 2FA/MFA/OTP over to 1Password to consolidate my data lookup, but the 1Password functionality is just not quite up to parity with Authy yet. The Mac App functionality would go a long way towards that!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

• henkisdabro
    henkisdabro
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I just completed a full migration from Authy to 1Password for my 2-factor sites (I had 14 sites in my list). All working just fine, so thanks AB for improving the Mac App functionality and for continuing to help reduce all login hassles.

I read in another thread that you guys might be working on implementing auto-filling of one-time-passwords, this would certainly be on my wish list too as currently 1PW autofills my username in the "authentication code" files on the various sites. Any ETA on this feature?

• Ben
    Options

It is certainly something we'd like to have, but unfortunately I don't have any specifics on when/if we'll see it. Sorry I don't have more details to share!

This discussion has been closed.