Can't restore pro features

Options
GFellow
GFellow
Community Member

I purchased the pro features which work fine on my iPhone 5s running 8.1.3. However, I can't restore them on my iPad that also runs 8.1.3. What should I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens when you try to restore them on the iPad? Do you get any error message? If so, what is it? Are you definitely logged in on the iPad with the same Apple ID as you were on your phone when you bought 1P?

Stephen

• GFellow
    GFellow
    Community Member
    Options

After selecting "restore purchases," "restoring purchases" appears in gray font. Restore does not complete. I believe this iPad is actually using my wife's Apple ID. But we share the 1password app with syncing over Dropbox.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I believe this iPad is actually using my wife's Apple ID

Sorry, that then is the problem. You can restore purchases only when using the same Apple ID as you used to make the original purchase. I'm afraid, also (just in case you were going to ask) the OS X Yosemite family sharing arrangement has not been extended by Apple to cover in-app purchases.

Put simply, if the iPad is using a different Apple ID to the one used for the original purchase you'll need to purchase again with the Apple ID used on the iPad.

Stephen

• GFellow
    GFellow
    Community Member
    Options

So, to clarify, I will only need to repurchase the pro features and not the entire app, right?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The basic 1P5 for iOS is free in any event. The only thing you need to purchase is the in-app purchase. (I'm assuming here you're talking only about 1P5 for iOS and not 1P5 for Mac.)

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @GFellow,

It looks as though @Stephen_C has you pretty well fixed up here, but if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to post back!

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.