Can't download and use 1Password 5 for iOS

Options
HarryBims
HarryBims
Community Member

I am a long-time 1Password user (both Mac and iOS). I recently upgraded from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5 for MAC and purchased the in-app upgrade. Now, when I attempt to download 1Password 5 for iOS, once the download process (from iTunes on the MAC) completes, the 1Password 5 icon on my iPhone 5 disappears, and I am unable to download. I have the latest iOS version.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @HarryBims,

Have you tried downloading the app directly on your iOS device (vs through iTunes on a computer)? You can do so here:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

Thanks.

• HarryBims
    HarryBims
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have. That URL takes me to a 1Password page in the App Store that shows (among other things), a Details tab, a Reviews tab, and a Related tab. Above these tabs is a button labeled OPEN. Unfortunately, it is an inactive button that is dimmed to indicate that it is inactive. As a result, I cannot download 1 Password from this page.

• HarryBims
    HarryBims
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to mention. The above is true when iTunes on the Mac indicates that 1Password 5 is installed on the iPhone (even though the app icon was automatically removed at the end of the download process). I deleted 1Password 5 from my iPhone using iTunes on the Mac. Then, went back to the App Store page you mentioned. Instead of the OPEN button, there is a cloud symbol in its place. This is also an inactive button, so I still cannot download 1 Password onto my phone this way, even though iTunes on the Mac says that 1Password is not installed.

• HarryBims
    HarryBims
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, I can download the old 1 Password Pro version 3 just fine.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HarryBims,

That is certainly unusual, I haven't heard of this before and it might be you end up having to talk to Apple support with this one.

• Have you rebooted your phone at all? (if the answer is no I'd certainly try)
    • What version of iOS are you running?
    • Is your phone trying to download the app over a Wi-Fi connection or your cellular network?

Those answers might help us. Sorry you're having so much trouble with downloading our app from Apple's store.

• HarryBims
    HarryBims
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Rebooting the phone doesn't work.
    My iOS version is the latest one.
    it doesn't matter if the download is over Wi-Fi or cellular, or from the Macbook.
    By the way, I purchased the in-app upgrade right before this problem developed, if that helps.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HarryBims,

I wonder if you have any restrictions set up on your iPhone? Because it has a browser in it, 1Password 5 for iOS is rated at 17+. So this problem can happen if your iPhone is set to restrict apps with that rating. You can check that in the Settings app on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Restrictions. You'll need to make sure the Apps setting allows 17+ apps.

Even if you don't have restrictions enabled, try going to Settings > General > Restrictions, and tap Enable Restrictions (you'll need to enter and verify a PIN code). Then scroll down to find Apps, select it, and make sure to select All Apps. Then you should be able to disable restrictions again. Now try installing 1Password from the App Store again.

Hopefully that will take care of it, but please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.