1Password Pro for IOS and 1Password OS X don't seem to be compatible

Options
mikenmary8
mikenmary8
Community Member

Just installed 1Password Pro on iPhone 6 +. Want to use wifi sync(dropbox or cloud, no thanks) Each program indicates that I need to put the secrete password into the other program.

1Password Pro says enter in to 1Password on the Mac. 1Password says enter into 1Password Pro on the iPhone.

Neither allows this capability in any way that I can find.

Preferences in 1Password on the Mac:

wifi server: "Run a Wi-Fi server from this mac to sync with IOS devices":

Unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad and select Setting> Sync to begin syncing.

When prompted enter the secret shown below.

There is no such option in 1Password Pro. i.e.

Sync: Wi-Fi Sync>On:

Allow new connections(Master Password entered):

Instructions as follows:

1. Open 1Password on your Mac,

2. Enter the authorization Codes.

No way to do that in either program.

I don't know where to go from here. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It does sound to me as though you've somehow managed to get 1Password for iOS version 3 on to your phone. Is that possible? The current version is a free app from the iTunes App Store, is 1P5 and has an in app purchase to enable pro features. The procedure for setting up wifi sync on 1P5 for iOS is described in this knowledge base article (and it doesn't sound as if it's the same as you're seeing).

Stephen

• mikenmary8
    mikenmary8
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steve. I'm still a little confused. 1Password Pro was in my "purchased apps", and I downloaded it from there. Did I do something wrong?

• mikenmary8
    mikenmary8
    Community Member
    Options

AAAAhh, nevermind. I get it. It must be repurchased. Because you are all so helpful and dedicated. Kind of reminds me of Colbert when he was talking about "Truthyness", "not only do I believe it, "I" believe it." Did you not support the "old version", with the same amount of helpfulness? Is your new "supportfullness", an upgrade from your old helpful, dedicated selves? Interesting! Nice little piece of rationalization. Any way, feel free to close this discussion. Another little piece of sand in the underwear of life.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

As Stephen C says, the current version is free in its basic form. Extra features are available from an in-app purchase, and as you have the older 1PW Pro you should be entitled to the extra features without charge. So "repurchased" is not quite the right word, as the new version is not charged for.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikenmary8,

We do continue to support the old versions in terms of technical assistance should you need it but there is a big divide I'm afraid between 1Password 4/5 and 1Password 3 which went by a variety of names in iOS at the time (there was 1Password for iPhone, 1Password for iPad and 1Password Pro).

Basically with the old versions of 1Password 3 for iOS you are now restricted to one form of syncing and that is Wi-Fi Sync with 1Password 3 for Mac. It used to work with Dropbox but the API has changed and as a result now cut off. We do still have users though that use 1Password 5 for Mac, sync it to a copy of 1Password 3 so that they can Wi-Fi Sync to their iOS device running the older version of 1Passwordfor iOS.

Just like when our customers moved from 1Password 3 for Mac to either 1Password 4 or 5 it should be considered a paid upgrade. As you've learnt though, we've experimented with the freemium model in iOS whereby you can try many of the basic features for free but if you want certain additional features then there is a one-off in-app purchase for these pro features.

If you have any questions arising from any of this please do ask.

This discussion has been closed.