New 1passwd for Mac won't accept password

Options
cjw
cjw
Community Member

Greetings,
After years of using 1password on the iPhone, I have installed it on my Mac. I started it up and it immediately found my sync(?) on iCloud. It then asks for my master password, but refuses to accept it. I assume I should be using the same password as I do on the iPhone. Any help appreciated.

Chris

Comments

• Hi @cjw,

Please try re-setting iCloud sync:

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Sync > Sync Service > Disable Sync (confirm you want to disable it).
    • Go to Settings > Advanced > Erase iCloud Data (confirm you want to Reset iCloud Data).
    • Restart your iPhone.

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    • Click the button for Yes, Remove Remote Data.
    • You should see a message that confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled (click OK).
    • Restart your Mac.

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Start Syncing > Sync with iCloud.
    • Follow any additional steps to complete the setup, then allow the sync to complete.

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password, select iCloud sync if necessary, then try to unlock with the same master password as on your iPhone.

If that doesn't help, can you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• cjw
    cjw
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thank you.

Chris

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @JasperP managed to sort everything out :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.