E*Trade using digit generating fob

Options
Lawnsome
Lawnsome
Community Member

I have just started on 1Password. I am trying to set up my ETrade acct password. ETrade has a special feature gives the client [myself] a fob that generates random 6 digit numbers every 60 seconds that needs to be added to the end of the password each time I logon. How do I do this with 1Password? I can't figure it out.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mike429
    mike429
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I have a similar situation when logging in to my company's email system from home, using Outlook Web Access. The required password consists of a 4-digit PIN appended by the 8-digit number from my key fob (that's 2-factor authentication: something I know plus something I have). I set up the entry in 1Password to include my user name and just the 4-digit PIN as the password. The trick is to choose the "Never Submit" option. When I invoke the site with 1Password, it navigates to the web page, auto-fills my user ID and PIN, and then just sits there. Then I hit the button on my key fob, enter the number behind my already-entered PIN, then press RETURN. Give that a try.

• Lawnsome
    Lawnsome
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks mike429, I'll give that a try.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lawnsome,

@mike429 has given you the best option. As this is a piece of authentication that needs added to the static part the best option is to always have this site never submit so you can handle the dynamic part that is outside of 1Password's control. Let us know how you get along.

This discussion has been closed.