can't start over and sync with iCloud

Options
Cherylh
Cherylh
Community Member

I have the app store version of 1 Password for my Mac and iOS devices - I have forgotten my master password and am trying to start over - I have followed the instructions to remove the app and data from my mac and iOS devices - trying to start with my Mac for the new setup - but it keeps telling my it has found my data on iCloud and will let me create a new vault - but it won't let me sync the new vault with iCloud since it is not my Primary vault - how do i delete the iCloud and start over -

Comments

• Cherylh
    Cherylh
    Community Member
    Options

Done all those things -- got icloud sync working on my ipad, ipad mini, and my iphone, but it refuses to sync on the mac

• Cherylh
    Cherylh
    Community Member
    Options

not a newbie to this - my husband has been using 1 password for years - finally got me to use it -- he got the sync working with the the iOS devices but even he can't get the MacBookPro to sync

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cherylh,

So you've wiped the iCloud data and created fresh sync data using the new vault and Master Password at a guess from your iOS devices?

Having done this, have you followed our guide at all for Starting Over on your Mac? That would remove all the vaults and when you start afresh 1Password will probably ask for the Master Password for the sync data in iCloud (it does try to be helpful when it finds sync data). This of course assumes you cannot access the vault in 1Password for Mac and simply want it removed.

If that isn't the case, could you maybe explain a little more about where things stand and what you want to achieve please.

This discussion has been closed.