No iCloud Sync Option?

Options
TimmyR
TimmyR
Community Member

Help please. I have a Family License for 1Password5. My iOS devices are now using iCloud Syncing but my Mac does not have the option. I checked for updates and there are none. I've been using 1Password since 1Password3. Thanks!

Tim

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

A family license means that you have 1PW from Agile's web store. This does not allow iCloud sync, due to restrictions by Apple. If you need iCloud sync (many of us, including Agile staff, are happy to use Dropbox), you will have to buy from Apple's App Store and use Family Sharing (or, at least, download using the same Apple ID). Due to other restrictions by Apple, this has to be a new purchase, Agile have no way of arranging a discount.

• Hi @TimmyR,

Unfortunately @danco is right. While 1Password 4 had an iCloud sync option even in the AgileBits Store version of the app, we had to remove it in version 5. There is now no way for us to provide iCloud sync outside of the Mac App Store on the Mac. You can read more about this transition on this forum post by one of our founders : iCloud Changes in the Website Version of 1Password 5.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• TimmyR
    TimmyR
    Community Member
    Options

Back to Dropbox! Thanks...I realized I was mixing up software...my Pilot Logbook HAS to use iCloud now and I thought 1Password did too....so I am good.

Thnx!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear you've got syncing up and running again and that you don't mind using Dropbox.

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.