Can I pay with Bitcoin?

ekkis
ekkis
Community Member

I've recently discovered 1Password and I love it. but I have a gripe. it isn't at all clear that the software one can download from the site is a trial version that expires. I installed it and invested the time to move all my data into the programme. now it's expired and I'm stuck with having to pay $50, which is not a small sum.

but in any case, I'd like to pay with Bitcoin but don't see support for it. are there plans to accept bitcoin in the near term? and if not, why not?

Comments

• Hi @ekkis,

I'm not currently aware of any plans to support Bitcoin as payment method. But I'll pass along your request, thanks for the feedback!

We currently accept major credit cards and PayPal. Alternatively, you can purchase 1Password via the App Store/Mac App Store using Apple's available payment methods (such as iTunes gift cards).

• nyge
    nyge
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I've been running an old version of 1password for years and would love to upgrade but Bitcoin is the only payment option that I can use so i'm trapped with no ability to get the latest software. Please add this payment option.

Ps I believe it is relatively trivial to add through Bitpay

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nyge,

We'll certainly take your request on board along with ekkis's.

This discussion has been closed.