De-Link Account

cwilly14
cwilly14
Community Member

Hi.

My wife and I have two separate vaults. I recently added her to my MacBook Air as a new user. During the set-up I inadvertently linked her 1Password app to my dropbox account. I now can't de-link my account and therefore can't set her up with her 1Password account. Please advise.

Thank you

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cwilly14,

I'm sure we can help you out with this! Between the different Mac user accounts, 1Password vaults, and Dropbox accounts, this might get a little confusing, so to make sure I understand how things are set up on your end, can you please let us know some more details:

• Did you previously have your wife's vault set up as a secondary vault in 1Password on your Mac user account?
    • Does your wife also have her 1Password vault set up on a separate Mac?
    • Do you and your wife share the same Dropbox account, or do you use separate Dropbox accounts?
    • Similarly, do you each sync your vault to your own, separate Dropbox accounts, or do both vaults sync with the same Dropbox account?
    • Are you sharing your 1Password vaults with each other via Dropbox sharing?

You said you "inadvertently linked her 1Password app to my dropbox account" when setting up her new Mac user account on your MacBook Air. That could mean you signed into your own Dropbox account in the Dropbox app on her Mac user account, but it could also happen if you share your vaults with each other via Dropbox, because both vaults would be available from just one Dropbox account. That's why it will help if we can get a better understanding of how things are currently set up on your Mac, and how you would like them to be set up instead. Thanks in advance!

• cwilly14
    cwilly14
    Community Member

I believe i bought her a vault and did not use the secondary

It is on a separate Mac

We do not share Dropbox accounts

We both sync to separate drop box accounts

Not sure about the last question

New issue - after the most recent update, its now saying my trial expired - I do not believe I bought a trial license.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cwilly14,

Thanks for the information! So, it sounds like your wife has all her own 1Password data on a separate Mac, and wanted to sync that vault to 1Password on her Mac user account on your MacBook Air - but you accidentally set it up to sync your 1Password vault from your Dropbox account instead. If so, you'll need to reset 1Password on her Mac user account, and also sign out of your Dropbox account in the Dropbox app on her Mac user account, so she can sign into her own Dropbox account.

To reset 1Password on her Mac user account, please follow these steps to start over.

Your own data on your own Mac user account on your Mac will be fine, you'll only be resetting the 1Password data on your wife's Mac user account. Once you've done that, before setting up 1Password again, you'll need to unlink your own Dropbox account from her Mac user account, then link your wife's Dropbox account. I found steps to do that on Dropbox's support site here: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/25

Once you've done all that, your wife's Dropbox data should be synced to her Dropbox folder on her Mac user account (make sure Dropbox finished copying all her Dropbox files before continuing). Then she can open the 1Password app and set it up by syncing with her 1Password vault in her Dropbox account. Please let us know how it all goes and if you have any questions about that!

New issue - after the most recent update, its now saying my trial expired - I do not believe I bought a trial license.

I'm sorry for any confusion about the Trial Expired message you're seeing. We have information about that in this article.

I tried searching our system for the email address associated with your forum account but couldn't find any licenses for you. If you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac from the AgileBits Store with a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section of this site.

Or is it possible you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store? In that case, you'll need to reinstall it from the Mac App Store. Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchases section.

If you need more help with that, please let us know, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.