Dropbox Sync Failing

peschkaj
peschkaj
Community Member

I've set up 1Password for Android on a new phone and the application stops syncing as soon as the phone locks or I switch over to a different application. There is no indication from the application that there has been any kind of failure except the app notification stops at "10 of 1200" or wherever it is at that time.

Is there a workaround for this behavior, or do I just need to keep tapping my phone until 1Password is done syncing?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

What device do you have?

• Hi @peschkaj. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'll be happy to help with your syncing issue. :)

The initial sync process can indeed be a somewhat sluggish since 1Password has to download so many files the first time sync occurs. Also, since 1Password 4 for Android doesn't currently sync when the app isn't active, I recommend toggling Lock on exit OFF, so that 1Password stays open on your device until the initial sync is complete.

Go ahead and toggle lock on exit back ON if you prefer, once 1Password has been populated with all of your data.

Please let me know how that goes!

• peschkaj
    peschkaj
    Community Member

Closing the loop on this - this happened on a OnePlus One. The only way I was able to get sync to finish was to leave the application open, turn off lock on exit, disable the screen turning off, and wait while the application finished syncing.

Everything else lead to a busted local database that needed to be removed and resynced.

• Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you were able to complete sync on your OnePlus One. :)

Let us know if you need anything else in the future!

This discussion has been closed.