Where to download

Options
yhtaK
yhtaK
Community Member

Hi, I am going to purchase 1Password. Is there any benefit to downloading on your computer vs smart phone? I'd like to have it both places but don't know if I should download it on my PC or my iPhone.... thoughts?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yhtaK ,

Thanks so much for considering 1Password to keep your data secure and organized! Clearly, I'm a little bit biased here, but I would recommend purchasing 1Password for all of your computers and devices.

The benefit to having 1Password everywhere is that it will be even more simple to use unique and secure randomized passwords. 1Password can fill these passwords in for you, both on the desktop and in mobile Safari on your iPhone, so you never have to worry about typing out something like "8zxvq4qKfhRXQQxsNDKz".

The iOS app is a free download (with some Pro Features available for a one-time in-app purchase) and both the Pro features, and the desktop licenses are now on sale for 30% off! You can pick up your desktop license from our website.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

To just add a bit here, your post might suggest that you aren't aware that if you want to have 1Password on your iPhone and your PC, you will need to buy a license for each. Licenses are sold separately by platform. iOS and Window are separate platforms. OS X is a third platform, if by PC, you are referring to a Mac. You'll download the application for each platform on the platform on which it will be used.

• yhtaK
    yhtaK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both, I think I understand and did plan on purchasing a license to use on all platforms (I believe you have a license that covers multiple platforms, correct?) my questions mostly concerned whether if I purchased a license it on my iPhone, will that just show up if I log in to 1Password on my PC and immediately sync with one another? I am still a little cloud disabled (but learning more!). One more quick question, I had the original 1Password for....I don't know, 5 or 6 years? A few days ago it disappeared from my iPhone...don't know where or how but all info is gone. Thankfully, a couple of years ago I made hard copies of passwords for soooooo many things so I will repopulate this new version with what I have previously created. I am sure that the passwords will be low security, but are the ones in place. Any thoughts on how to upgrade those passwords without loosing the ability to actually log into the needed site? And, let me say, this is a wonderful customer service tool, thank you!!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

There is a Mac + Windows bundle available on the Agileabits web store. But that doesn't seem to apply to you, if Windows is the only desktop OS that you use. The iOS version is only sold by Apple from the iTunes App Store, the only place any iOS applications are sold (unless you jailbreak your device). Apple has no mechanism for developers to bundle software. @Megan has already told you that the iOS app is free to use in its basic form, but requires an in-app purchase for users who want to activate more advanced Pro features.

My best advice about the rest of your question is to begin with the User Guides for the applications. All that is covered there, but post back with your questions after you look those over. I think most of your issues will be taken care of.

• yhtaK
    yhtaK
    Community Member
    Options

Very helpful hawkmoth!!! Thx

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad hawkmoth was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.