1Password on Multiple Platforms

Options
Amard
Amard
Community Member

I use 1 Password on multiple platforms, e.g. windows laptop, Apple iMac, iPhone, does this mean I need to buy the application each time I use a new o/s?

Amard

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Amard,

Thanks so much for considering 1Password to keep your data secure and organized!

Complete details of 1Password licensing can be found in our support article:

What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

A couple things I'd highlight:

1Password is licensed per user, per platform. At first glance that sounds complicated, but it’s actually quite simple once you get the hang of it.

The “per user” part means 1Password is licensed to you and not a specific computer or device. This means you do not need to purchase again when you buy another computer or device.

The “per platform” part means 1Password is licensed separately on Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android. This means that your 1Password for Mac license cannot be used to unlock 1Password for iOS.

You also only need a single Mac license for all your Macs. There is no limit on the number of Macs you use your 1Password for Mac license on. Likewise with 1Password for Windows.

Clearly, I'm a little bit biased here, but I would recommend purchasing 1Password for all of your computers and devices.

The benefit to having 1Password everywhere is that it will be even more simple to use unique and secure randomized passwords. 1Password can fill these passwords in for you, both on the desktop and in mobile Safari on your iPhone, so you never have to worry about typing out something like "8zxvq4qKfhRXQQxsNDKz".

The iOS app is a free download (with some Pro Features available for a one-time in-app purchase) and both the Pro features, and the desktop licenses are now on sale for 30% off if you act quickly! You can pick up your desktop license(s) from our website.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Also you can buy a Mac+Windows bundle.

As you are using Windows (and Android?) you cannot use iCloud sync. I mention that because iCloud sync is only available in the version bought fromApple's App Store, due to restrictions by Apple.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco: An excellent point!

@Amard:Dropbox is a cross-platform solution for sync'ing your 1Password data. As danco mentioned, you can purchase licenses for 1Password Mac and Windows as a bundle in the AgileBits web store.

The iOS version of 1Password is available in Apple's App Store, so we are not able to offer it as part of a bundle ourselves. It is a free download with an in-app purchase to unlock Pro features.

But more significantly, we are currently running a (limited time) sale on all versions 1Password. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.