Login fails on www2.lekiosk.com/fr/authentication

esvl
esvl
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi
1P doesn't fill-in a login page correctly.
The ID is correct, be the password is wrong. I have to manually copy/past the pw from 1P.
The page concerned is
https://www2.lekiosk.com/fr/authentication
Could it be possible that this is supported in a coming upgrade?
Thank you!
E.

PS. Is it a right place for such request?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

@esvl - Yes, this is the right place to ask your questions.

I am not certain I know what your issue is, but it sounds similar to another user's that I answered earlier today. Take a look here and see if it might make sense in your case.

Post back either way. If it helps, we'd like to know, and if it doesn't, you'll need some more help to figure it out.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The most common cause of this problem (manual copy and paste working, but 1PW filling in not working) is having a password that is too long for the site.

Very often sites do not tell the user of the maximum length they accept, and do not give any warning if the user attempts to choose a password that is too long

For instance, if the maximum length for a site is 20 characters, and you have chosen a 22 character password, 1PW will record the full 22 characters as the password but the site has recorded only the first 20. Then manual copy and paste will only input the first 20 characters (so is accepted), but 1PW uses a more secure method of input which gives a different result.

There's nothing that 1PW can do if this is the problem, as the site never tells reports that a too-long password has been chosen. The user can, of course, change to a shorter password.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Keep us updated @esvl :smile:

• esvl
    esvl
    Community Member

Hi!
    Great news, with the last version of 1P, it works (while it was not working for at least the last 2 months)
    I aven't changed my PW (which was rather short, the point about the length was good to know, but not the reason of the pb here)
    Thank you 1PW!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@esvl: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I am glad it is working better for you now. Be sure to let us know if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.