Accountsd wants to use keychain

Options
gholden
gholden
Community Member

I've been getting the request at every system restart "Accountsd wants to use the "1Password" keychain. Any help on how this can be avoided?
Thanks,

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gholden,

The first thing I'd like to address is I don't believe this is anything to do with 1Password. I have my suspicions which we'll see if they're correct with the following.

1. Please go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts. What entries do you have in the list on the left hand side? Do you have anything like Twitter or Facebook, anything that might link in with OS X's notifications?
    2. Can you open /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access please. Do you happen to have one titled 1Password instead of login? I suspect this to be the case. See my screenshot below of a default list of keychains normally visible in Keychain Access.

If I'm correct it sounds like you've deleted the normal login keychain which is tied to your account and unlocked when you log in. The Internet Accounts in System Preferences are stored there and without the default access now needs to request it. Does that match up at all with what you find?

This discussion has been closed.