Confused on Pricing

Options
Connexus
Connexus
Community Member

Purchased 1Password, Pro version ($34.99), through Apple App Store, on my iPhone. It loaded properly. Synch service on iCloud activated. Now looking to use/activate on my Mac and iPad (thought that's part of Pro features). Don't see how to activate the other devices (all under the same Apple ID). Or are more $35 licenses required?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm confused by your post. The Pro features for iOS are purchased by an in-app purchase directly from an iOS device like an iPad or iPhone. That costs $9.99, not $34.99. It comes from the iTunes App Store.

The OS X version for your Mac is sold separately from the iOS version, and it does cost $34.99. You would either buy a license from the AgileBits web store or the Mac App Store. You must buy from the Mac App Store if you want to use iCloud for syncing. That isn't available from the AgileBits store.

So you do need to make two separate purchases. Could be that you bought the Mac version for the price you mentioned and are using the iOS version in its free version? You can do so for as long as you like,but will need to pay to activate the iOS Pro features if you want them. They will work on all your iOS devices that share the same Apple ID.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm siding with hawkmoth here @Connexus,

At that price is sounds like you've purchased the MAS version but I'm confused because I don't think you can purchase MAS applications from your iOS device. To the best of my knowledge you can only purchase MAS applications from Apple's App Store on your Mac. Yes, they have confusingly named it so that there are two distinct App Stores. The one on your Mac is for OS X applications only and the App Store app on your iOS device is like purchasing iOS apps via iTunes.

If you have purchased 1Password 5 (MAS) then it should appear in the Purchases tab of the App Store on your Mac. If it is there you should see a download button opposite it which means you can download it at no extra cost. You can download any MAS purchase on any computer where you use your Apple ID, just like with iOS devices. Apple's Family Sharing allows you to even share those purchases with others but do read the material carefully about how it works.

Just as hawkmoth has said, assuming this is all correct and you later want the Pro features that the in-app purchase gets you you will need to make that purchase from inside the 1Password for iOS app.

Does this help at all and explain what you're seeing?

• Connexus
    Connexus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks both! After following your thoughts, and double checking, it was only the $9.99 in app Pro purchase I made on the iPhone. My confusion/mistake was thinking with Pro active, it was also ready for OS X applications. So I'm off to the App Store to acquire the OS version. Thanks again!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad hawkmoth and littlebobbytables were able to help clear up the confusion. And I'm happy to hear you'll be purchasing 1Password 5 for Mac! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.