No option to insert my license key.

Options
luisdelalama
luisdelalama
Community Member

I have a license key for 1Password. Recently, it suddenly said that "Trial has expired, purchase the license..." When I click on "License" under the 1Password menu, it does not show a field for me to input my license key code, instead, it opens a window titled "1Password registration" and just asks me to open a page. I am including a screenshot. Can you please help me?

Thank you,

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Let us know what version of 1Password you are using. It must be version 4 or 5. The license key you have is for version 3. When version 4 was released (a paid upgrade), the alphanumeric key was replaced with a license file. The screen you showed is trying to help you navigate to where that file is on your hard drive.

There was a bug is version 4 that allowed some users to continue using the trial version without registering. Could this be the source of your issue?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luisdelalama,

I'm sorry for any confusion about this! Please take a look at this post for more information, which may help to clear things up.

As hawkmoth mentioned, it sounds like you're using 1Password 4 or 5. Those versions require a license file, and cannot be activated with a license code from version 3. I searched in our license system for the email address associated with your forum account, and it looks like you purchased a license for 1Password 3 for Mac back in 2010 (I had that license info resent to your email), but it doesn't look like you bought an upgrade to 1Password 4 or 5 for Mac - unless you made a purchase under another email address? If you used a different email address to purchase an upgrade to a license for 1Password 4/5 for Mac from our web store, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section of this site.

If you never upgraded your 1Password 3 license to a 1Password 4/5 license and would like to do so, you can enter your version 3 license code on this site to see your upgrade discount & options.

Alternately, you can go back to using 1Password 3 for Mac. It's still a great product, even if it doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles. If you need to re-download version 3, you can find a link here.

I hope this helps to clear up some confusion, but please let us know if you have more questions about that - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.