IPSec Keys and Password Generator

Options
stuartjmcgrath
stuartjmcgrath
Community Member

Hi All,

I have two-part questions about how to use 1Password as part of my IT toolkit;

As I use in IT network\security space, I am offen generating IPSec Pre-shared keys and would like to know if there a way to generator multiply keys at once. Currently we use a web site to generating these keys. However due to a change in company policy we can't use online services and so I am building a 1password vault for all our passwords\IPSec keys and would like to include the work flow that includes this tool to generator these keys. As currently I am being push into Keepass. Further to this and into my next question, if there a way to create custom categories within 1password? As I would like to break our password into different categories, depending on Client\Service and yes I have upgrade to pro.

cheers
Stuart

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @stuartjmcgrath,

You could generate PSKs via command line, and output them into a 1PIF format, and then import the 1PIF file into 1Password.

You cannot create custom categories, but can use Folders or Tags to group or separate items.

• Hi @stuartjmcgrath,

I think @MrC's recommendation would be the way to go in this case. Hopefully one day we can better support this scenario.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.