OS 10.6 and OS 10.10

Options
Radik
Radik
Community Member

Hi ! I just installed 1password 5 on my MacBookPro with OS 10.10 and I wanted to install it on my Mac with OS 10.6 but I could not. So as I understand I have to buy another licence for 1Password 4 . Am I correct ? Or there is an option.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Radik - Where did you buy your license for Password 5? If you bought it from the AgileBits web store, your license will cover you back through versions 3 and 4. If you purchased from Apple on the Mac App Store, I'm not sure what you will need to do. I don't think the Mac App Store is available from OS X 10.6. If it is and you log in under the same Apple ID you used to buy your copy of version 5, and click on the Purchases tab, it should show you the most up-to-date version that will wok on your OS version.

Let us know about where you bought your copy.

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth- I bought it from App Store

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

I also downloaded 1Password 3.8 from AgileBits web store but it asks the licence.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And 1PW4 itself is available from the Legacy section of the Downloads page on Agile's site.

If you bought from the App Store, I think you would need to find someone with a version of OS X from 10.7 to 10.9, download from there, and do some conpying over, though I don't know how that works.

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

I can see in the Mac App Store my purshase and it says INSTALL but when I am trying to install it says that this version for OS 10.10 or later.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Radik - Send email with your Apple purchase receipt to support+licenses (at) agilebits (dot) com and describe your situation. I'm not sure what they will do, but they might send you a license key for version 3. You'll get an automated reply that includes a support ticket number. If you post that number back here in this thread, it should help speed along your response.

Also, just checking to be sure you are looking at the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store from your older machine, not just searching for the application itself like you would if you want to buy a new copy.

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth-Also, just checking to be sure you are looking at the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store from your older machine, not just searching for the application itself like you would if you want to buy a new copy. Yes I am looking the Apps I have already purchased.

I bought the App today and I have not got a receit yet . I believe it usually comes in several days. So I sould write them later when I get one.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe version 3 isn't there anymore. I had thought you would see the most up to date version your machine could use, if you already had a license. Sorry for the misdirection.

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth- Thank you. I will write them.

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth- I have sent the request and I got this-

to the following recipient failed permanently:

supportlicenses@agilebits.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain agilebits.com by aspmx.l.google.com. [2607:f8b0:400d:c03::1b].

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You missed the + between support and licenses. It's support+licenses...

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth- Thank you. I got this. your reference, your support ID is [#NJF-61834-325]. Please include this ID in the subject of any followup emails so we'll know they're from you.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I would expect that they will want a copy of your Mac App Store receipt. You should be able to get one without waiting for email by going to your account information from the Mac App Store. Access is on the Featured page of the MAS application, on the right side under Quick Links.

Edit: I guess the purchase record isn't there after all.

• @Radik : looks like this was taken care of via email. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Rick

• Radik
    Radik
    Community Member
    Options

rickfillion, thank you . My problem was solved promptly and I am very satisfied . I use it on my Macs and iPhone. Great App. Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy to hear this has all been sorted out! :)

We're always glad to help, so please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.