Database out of sync between Mac & Android using Dropbox

Options
claudiop
claudiop
Community Member

Hi
I've got 1Password Version 5.1 (510027) on Mac Pro OS X 10.10.2 and 1P for Android v.4.2b14 (20150323) on Android 4.4.2.
I'm auto syncing with Dropbox. However, my database is out of sync because there are differences between the data in the two devices when I've searched All Items. I've checked that the sync settings are correct and done manual syncs but to no avail

Any ideas, cheers Claudio

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @claudiop,

First of all, I'd just like to thank you for including all your version numbers in your original post. It gives us a much better place to start!

I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your Mac
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your Android device
    • Confirm that both your Mac and Android device are reading from the same file path in Dropbox.

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on your Android device ("Test, Android") and add some data
    • Does "Test for Mac" show up on your Android device?
    • Does "Test for Android" show up on your Mac?
    • Log in to the Dropbox website and click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Enter your Master Password
    • Do either or any of your test entries show up in your database here?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

• claudiop
    claudiop
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

thanks for your reply but in the meantime I received a response from Greig Allen from Transatlantic Support Jedi @ AgileBits and we'e working through the issue. Thanks again and apologies for the confusion, cheers Claudio

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @claudiop,

As you're communicating with Greig via email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

ref: RZW-64945-834

This discussion has been closed.