I bought license in App Store, but alrteady had an aexisting license

Options
ChristianL
ChristianL
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

Hi

I have 1Password for Mac before, and already have a license. I now have a new MacBook now, and thought that when I clicked "buy" in App Store, I would re-use the license I already had. It turns out I bought the previous license outside of App Store, and I hope it is possible to "undo" this second purchase.

Thank you in advance.
Christian

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChristianL: Sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately we are not able to offer refunds on Mac App Store purchases ourselves since it is Apple's store. Their official policy is that "all sales are final", but they may make an exception if they see fit. In any case, you would need to contact Apple for help with that.

If makes a difference, the Mac App Store version of 1Password supports iCloud Sync (Apple does not allow non-MAS apps to use this). If iCloud Sync is something you'd enjoy using, it may be worth keeping after all. I hope this helps! :)

• ChristianL
    ChristianL
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for the quick answer! 1Password is worth 2x the license anyway, so no problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChristianL,

It's great to hear that you find 1Password such a worthwhile program - thanks for the kind words! If you have any further questions about 1Password, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.