How to restore regular backups in 1P5?

Options
eurasian
eurasian
Community Member

Hello,

I inadvertently deleted 1P4 with the database. I have 1P5 installed afterwards. It works fine but it cannot find the old backup files and directory to save regular backups. I get error messages. What is the best way to fix the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Comments

• eurasian
    eurasian
    Community Member
    Options

I was not clear in the previous post. I upgraded to the Yosemite and installed 1P5. Then I uninstalled 1P4 by accident completely. I thought why to have two versions when just one would work. Afterwards 1P5 stopped working. I reinstalled it. It started working however it is unable to make backup copies. I could not figure out how to fix it. Now as I understand the 5th uses some of the databases of the 4th. My question: what needs to be done to fix it? Do I need to reinstall 1P4 again or there is a workaround solution? Thank you.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

How did you uninstall? Do you have any external backups (Time Machine, Super, Duper or Carbon Copy Cloner) or a Dropbox copy? If you used an app cleaner to uninstall 1PW4, it would almost certainly have deleted all the data on your internal drive as well

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eurasian: It sounds like 1Password is just telling you that it can't find the backup folder. Is that the case? Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, or the version from the AgileBits website?

It does sound like there might have been some problems introduced by 'uninstalling' 1Password and going back and forth between the two versions. As danco mentioned, if you have a copy of your 1Password vault either backed up or on another device you were sync'ing with it might be a good option to start over using that. Please let me know what you find. We will get this sorted out! :)

• eurasian
    eurasian
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again,

The problems has been fixed. The application took care of itself and made a regular backup copy after the fresh startup. I thank everyone for the help and the Agilebits for the wonderful app.

Have a great day!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that has resolved the problem for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.