Login issue with Schwab Retirement page

I have an account at https://workplace.schwab.com/ and 1Password does not properly fill in my username and password. I believe this is because on the schwab site when you enter in your username it changes it to all *******. So 1Password will fill in my password twice instead of username and password.. if that makes sense. I was wondering if there was a way around this? If there was something I could do differently to make it work. Right now I copy my password from 1Password then type my username and paste my password. That is the only solution I have come up with. It would be nice if 1Password did it all for me though. This is the only site I have issues with.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hello @atexeira,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. I see exactly what you mean and we can improve 1Password to better handle this form. In the meantime, I have a workaround that I'm pretty sure will work. Try filling in the login on the website and then manually saving a new login:

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

This new login should fill just fine. I tested with some test data and it appeared to fill correctly. I don't have a Schwab account so I can't verify the full process, but it appears to work fine :)

Please give it a go and let us know how it turns out.

• elyscape
    elyscape
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

@dteare,

I'm having a similar issue. 1Password won't fill my username on this site. Saving a new login works fine until I edit it. Specifically, pruning the unnecessary items from the web form details causes it to break. While for now I'm leaving the extra items in, I generally prefer not to have them. Is there any way to be able to remove the extra, non-login-related items from the web form details without breaking the login filling?

Thanks for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elyscape,

The web form details section acts as type of fingerprint, if this fingerprint matches the page you're trying to fill we behave one way, if it doesn't we try to fill using educated deductions, a fancy way of saying we guess. That's why deleting entries from the web form details is breaking the Login item in this instance. I don't know if we will change this in the future or not as there are reasons it has been coded this way.

We would recommend leaving the web form details section alone under normal circumstances. I can understand why you prefer the idea of a neat and tidy section but it will break any non-standard login page in which 1Password needs to use what we call fill by HTML attributes.

Possibly not the answer you were hoping for I realise but hopefully understanding why the web form details needs to exist as it is acceptable?

• elyscape
    elyscape
    Community Member

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elyscape,

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome. We're here to help if you have any other questions about how 1Password works. :)

This discussion has been closed.