Visual Bug: Large Type Overlay [confirmed issues with Large Type text wrapping and extending]

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited May 2015 in iOS

Found a visual bug – If you display a password using the "large type" feature on the iPad, rotate to portrait mode (or from portrait and back), the top of the overlay's text is noticeably clipped.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WalrusCP,

Thanks for brining this to our attention. Now I'm not able to reproduce this here, so I'll need your help in tracking this down:

• Is this consistent for each entry that you view with large type? Or does it seem to depend on the length of the password you are viewing?
    • I'd love to see a screenshot of this. Please create a dummy entry with a random password to use to capture the screenshot so that you're not sharing any personal data. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• Please confirm the version of 1Password that you're currently using. Version number can be found below the 'Recommend 1Password' option in the Settings screen.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Will try and post a screenshot soon, but seeing this bug still. It's only happening when the password large type takes up 2+ lines. If the password only fills one line, the bug does not present itself.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Also seeing that it's happening for passwords of medium length (guesstimate 13 to 23 characters). Super long passwords where the characters are condensed in size to fit in the large type box seem to behave properly.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WalrusCP,

Thanks for the additional information and sample image. We've confirmed the bug where a single character in the Large Type popover can wrap to a second line, just like in your image. @hayesk's comment has a few more details about that.

I've reproduced the visual glitch with Large Type text extending over the top of its background overlay, also like in your image, and have filed a new bug report about it.

Changing Settings > Display > Password Font in the app can have an impact on both of these issues.

Thanks again!

ref: OPI-2721, OPI-2738

• puder
    puder
    Community Member

I'm seeing the one character on the next line on the iPhone 5 as well. I have the font set to Inconsolata, but if I change it to any other font, I still get the "Large Type" display showing like this for many lengths of password:

passwor
       d

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @puder,

Yep, font selection can be a factor in the Large Type wrapping like I mentioned in my last reply:

Changing Settings > Display > Password Font in the app can have an impact on both of these issues.

I've noted your report of it with the bug that's filed. At least this is better than the text being truncated. :)

This discussion has been closed.