Login issue with Schwab.com

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Vanguard password.

Comments

• dserban
    dserban
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with Schwab.com

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dserban,

Thanks so much for providing those URLs. Just so we can properly test here, I'd like to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What is the version number of your browser?
    • What is the version number of your browser extension? (This can normally be found in the browser’s preferences, in the ‘extensions’ pane.)

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• csann
    csann
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with Schwab on the iPad.

I use 1Password ver 5.3, and IOS 8.2.

It is working ok for me on my MacBook pro with latest copies of 1Password, Yosimite, and Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @csann,

Can you confirm something for me please. Could you take a peek at this announcement, Logins not filling in 1Browser [1Password 5.3 for iOS known issue] and let us know if your issue relates to this at all or if Schwab is misbehaving in both 1Browser and Safari. Thank you! :smile:

• csann
    csann
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables,

I tested this on both iPad and iPhone, all using 1PW 5.3. I found some odd results:

iPad - trying to login to www.schwab.com
    Does not work with iBrowser. Username and PW not entered.
    Does not work in Safari either. Username and PW not entered.

iPad - trying to login to wireless.schwab.com/dwp/igw
    Works with iBrowser
    Does not work with Safari. Username and PW not entered.

iPhone - trying to login to wireless.schwab.com/dwp/igw
    Works with iBrowser
    Does not work with Safari. Username and PW not entered.

iPhone - trying to login to www.schwab.com
    In Safari, this causes Schwab to redirect to a mobile page that does not have username and PW login fields. There is a login button that opens wireless.schwab.com/dwp/igw
    In iBrowser, does not redirect to the mobile page, but just as with the iPad, 1PW does not put in the username and PW. I VERY MUCH like it that 1Browser does not tell the web server it is running on a mobile device. Mobile web pages suck.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can do any other testing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, folks!

As was mentioned in previous schwab.com threads, using the redirected page works in both 1Browser and Safari:

https://wireless.schwab.com/dwp/lgw

But if the login you have saved isn't working in either case, the best thing to do is save a new login item for the site, so that 1Password can also save additional information from the form:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap your new login item to have 1Password fill it

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

May I ask where you got that link for Charles Schwab?
    I have never heard or wireless in Charles Schwab.
    I have only seen that at Verizon that has a web site called verizonwireless.

Also what is the difference between using new login and just entering the url manually in the login fields?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kunder: I don't remember offhand where I got the Schwab link. I think it may be the default page I was redirected to on my iPhone when trying to log into my Schwab account. It's just their mobile site (thus 'wireless').

Saving a new login allows 1Password to take a look at the actual webform fields, as well as just save the URL for you so you don't have to enter it manually. Having 1Password save the URL itself doesn't make any difference (unlike the form data, most of which is hidden); it's just more convenient than typing. ;)

This discussion has been closed.