1Password doesn't capture login credentials for Dropbox, Reship, or Domains By Proxy

Hello,

For some reason 1Password doesn't capture login credentials for Dropbox, Reship, or Domains By Proxy

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/login
Reship: http://reship.com/
Domains By Proxy: https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/

I am using the latest version of 1Password on Windows 7

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nickolas,

Can I just confirm, you're running version 4.3.1560 of 1Password for Windows and may I ask, what browser or maybe browsers do you use? It could prove useful to know what version of the 1Password Browser extension you're running too. When it comes to recording/filling issues sometimes it turns out to be related a certain version or even sometimes browser specific. As you can imagine, determining that is half the battle for guiding the developers. I'll be reporting back here with a few findings, but so we can more easily compare it will be great if you can post a little more detail about your particular setup :smile:

As an example, I'll be testing at least Firefox 37.0.1 with extension 4.3.1 (it just happens to be the first browser I launched in my virtual machine). Hopefully we can get to the crux of this issue :smile:

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I am using 1Password version 4.3.1560 with Firefox version 36.0.4 and 1Password extension 4.3.1

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

After updating my broswer to the latest firefox version 1Password started to capture passwords for both Dropbox and Reship. However it still doesn't work for Domains By Proxy.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nickolas,

So here's an update of what I've tested so far. I have a Windows 7 virtual machine running on my Mac with 1Password 4.3.1560 for Windows and at the moment I'm testing:

• Firefox 37.0.1 with extension version 4.3.1
    • Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17633 with extension version the same as the main application.

As I'm testing with dummy data I do have Auto-Submit Logins disabled as I know the logins will fail. For creating my test Login items I use our Saving a Login manually guide. I'll refer to Firefox as FF and Internet Explorer as IE.

Dropbox

With Dropbox I didn't have any issues creating Login items. Items created in both FF and IE recorded the email address and password correctly, both Logins looked the same and both filled without any obvious issue. It seems like it should be okay with a real Login.

Reship

Here there is a difference between FF and IE. With IE everything is recorded correctly and the Login item fills in correctly in both FF and IE. With FF it does record both the email address and password but it incorrectly identifies the captcha field as the username. Now it fills in correctly in FF as the email address is recorded in the web form details but it doesn't fill properly in IE. Saying that, if I edit the Login item created in FF and change the designation of the ucHeader$lb_user field from none to username it correctly updates the username field at the top of the page and it then fills in IE too.

Domains By Proxy

My findings here were like Dropbox. I had no issues creating Login items in either browser, they look the same and both fill in regardless of which browser was used. The only issue was that I did have to click on the Log In button as it's a pop-up window on the page. That would mean that open and fill won't be able to work on this particular site as the login fields are accessible merely by loading the page.

So I've done a little testing and now we need to figure out why my findings would seem to differ from yours. Please do get back to us and we can look into this :smile:

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

Thanks for your help. I managed to get everything working. Dropbox appears to be working fine. 1Password captured my login credentials for Reship automatically but I did notice the bug you pointed out and was able to fix with the instructions you provided. 1Password would only capture my login credentials for Domains By Proxy if I captured the details manually.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Hi @Nickolas,

It sounds like we're having some success then. So Dropbox is working okay, we have that one blip with Reship for which I've just finished filing a report ( ref: OPX-925) and that leaves Domains By Proxy.

If I've understood you correctly you're saying you successfully saved a Login item using the same method I used, Saving a Login manually but it didn't work when you assumed 1Password would automatically ask if you wish to save a new Login, is that correct?

I went back and tried Domains By Proxy again, but this time testing the Auto-Save new Logins part. It offered to create a new Login in both FF and IE and they seem identical to the Login item created using the manual method. Was it that you were never asked if you wish to save a new Login item or did it create a non-functional Login item? If it was the former it might be worth looking in the Auto-Save tab of 1Password for Windows preferences. The defaults are Auto-Save new Logins is enabled and Disable Auto-Save when Vault is Locked is disabled. The exclusion domain list is also empty by default. Is there anything in there that might explain why Auto-Save isn't working for Domains By Proxy?

ref: OPX-925

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

That's correct, I was never asked to create a login. I also double checked my settings and everything appears to be correct.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Very strange @Nickolas,

May I ask, what browser do you normally work with and do you have any other Login items for that site? We wouldn't ask if you wish to save if you have an existing Login so I'm wondering if that might be connected.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

I usually use Firefox but also use Chrome from time to time. I currently only have 1 login for that website.

• Any chance you're using the same password? If the new Login has the same password as your existing one, 1Password won't prompt you to save it automatically. This knowledgebase article describes in more detail when 1Password will and will not prompt you to save a new Login.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

Same password as what? These details have never been saved in 1Password before.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nickolas,

I think I've discovered the reason!

Okay, I'll need to ask somebody why this might be the case but...

I was trying to prompt 1Password to ask to save a Login for Domains By Proxy and suddenly I'm having problems yet I could have sworn it asked me on the Saturday. So I'm trying and trying and then I discover the following. The first time I tried I must have just tapped the return key in the password field as when I do this 1Password asks me if I want to save a Login item. If I click on the Login button though it doesn't.

Genuinely I don't know why it behaves differently but if you try something similar do you find the same as I've just found?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

I have tried, although I just tried now but I wasn't asked. I'm assuming this is probably because I already have the login credentials saved.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

That is correct @Nickolas, we won't ask you if you wish to save a new Login if an existing one matches. I would hate to think what my vault would look like by now if it did :p

This discussion has been closed.