Problem capturing and filling login credentials for Capital One

Options

Hello,

For some reason 1Password is having problems capturing my login credentials for Capital One because when I visit the Capital One website and try to fill the login credentials with 1Password to login, only the username field gets filled. I have tried saving my login credentials both manually and when prompted to.

Capital One: https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/login.aspx?CountryCode=CA

I am using 1Password version 4.3.1560 with Firefox version 36.0.4 and 1Password extension 4.3.1

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nickolas,

You said you tried creating a Login item both manually and through the Auto-Save new Logins. I take it when you say manually you're referring to our Saving a Login manually which I think you and I have talked about before?

Now normally creating a Login using the extension is normally a great way for 1Password to record what and where informations should be but on this occasion it isn't getting it right. So while we work on this there is a way to create a working Login item.

Instead of using the extension to create a Login item we're going to create the item from within 1Password, this is what I refer to as a basic Login item.

1. Open 1Password on your Windows machine.
    2. Click on the New Item button or use the ctrl+N keyboard shortcut, selecting the Login type.
    3. Click the OK button to acknowledge you know what you're doing :smile:
    4. Supply a title, your username, password and the URL that you used in your first post.
    5. Click the OK button.

Now try this basic Login item in the Capital One website. When I tried just now it successfully fills in both the username and password so it looks like it should work okay when submitted. Let us know how you get along :smile:

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, saving the details as ininstructed worked. Hopefully this issue get resolved in a future update.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nickolas,

We're constantly working to improve the accuracy and Capital One is one of those sites that we definitely want to work with :smile:

Until it all happens automatically though I'm glad we have a solution that works for you right now.

• tsinc
    tsinc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I am having the same problem with same CapitalOne site as @Nickolas was. I am using a Mac with Safari 6.2.5, 1Password 4.4.2, and 1Password extension 4.3.1 I have tried creating new logons through the main 1Password application as well as through the extension with no luck. The logon is rejected because it is blanks the username. My workaround has been to copy the username from the extension and manually paste it in. Just wondering if you could look at site and correct the problem in future update. Thanks.

• tsinc
    tsinc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am having the same problem with same CapitalOne site as @Nickolas was. The username will not auto populate. I have tried creating multiple new logons through the main 1Password application as well as through the Safari extension with no luck. The logon is rejected because it is blanks the username. My workaround has been to copy the username from the extension and manually paste it in.

I am using a Mac with Safari 6.2.5, 1Password 4.4.2, and 1Password extension 4.3.1

Just wondering if you could look at site and correct the problem in future update. Thanks.

T Sinclair

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsinc: We continue to improve filling in 1Password 5., but unfortunately 1Password 4 is no longer in active development and won't be receiving updates.

CapitalOne has always been a bit of a problem because the website itself is at https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/Login.aspx but the login form loads in a frame from a different server: https://login.capitalone.com/loginweb/login/login.do

However, this definitely isn't a 1Password 4 issue, as I was able Go & Fill the login at both the URL above and plain-old https://capitalone.com just fine after manually saving a new login. It may be due to some limitation or incompatibility of your older browser version, since I had Safari 7.1.4 handy to test with on OS X Mavericks. It may be worthwhile to update.

If you haven't already, though, be sure to try manually saving a new login at both of the URLs above, as one of those might get along better with your particular browser. I hope this helps! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsinc: I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your separate post into the existing discussion regarding 1Password 4 and CapitalOne.com. Incidentally, I don't think anyone is having this issue with 1Password 5, since they would then be using Safari 8 (in Yosemite).

As I mentioned above, I was able to save and fill on the site using 1Password 4.4.2 and extension 4.3.1. Be sure to update Safari and at the very least try a different URL to see if you have better results. Cheers! :)

• tsinc
    tsinc
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Thanks. I appreciate your quick reply. I hadn't really noticed it was two different sites. When I manually logged on to 2nd site you linked above, it worked.
    Cheers, T Sinclair

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know it worked :smile:

This discussion has been closed.