Problems on Southwest.com

Options

There appears to be a problem with 1Password running in Chrome on my Mac when I try to log in to my RapidRewards account on Southwest.com. Am using version 4.3 on Mavericks. Works fine on my Windows PC using version 3.9. Can someone please try it?

Thanks!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

We'll certainly investigate but when you say problem could you pin it down a little for us please. Is it an issue of creating a working Login item or filling using an existing one?

If it's a filling issue, something worth trying is our How to manually save a Login guide. It might be they have changed their page and we need to create a new Login item that better understands the new page. If that isn't it though please do post back with as much detail as you can and we'll look into it :smile:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

When I select login, a login popup is displayed. I go to the 1Password extension and when I select the login item, the login popup disappears and I am not logged in. I have to manually cut and paste the user id and password into the login popup. Like I said, this works on my PC with an older version of the 1Password Chrome extension. Screen shots attached.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

That pop-up window does seem to be giving us some problems. My recommendation would be to try the following URL, does this work better for you?

https://www.southwest.com/flight/login

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that one works. unfortunately, when i got to the home page and click on "Login", it takes me to the one that doesn't work. But I'll bookmark the other one. It should work. I works on other platforms and versions of 1Password. Is there any chance this will be fixed? Thanks.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

Excellent, I'm glad to hear @littlebobbytables's suggestion worked.

We would love to be able to fill the login form on the homepage. The issue here is that the popup window is dismissed as part of the filling process when we inadvertently "click" on something outside the popup. We do have some ideas that should allow filling on websites like these, but it is a bit of a bigger fix and I can't promise a timeline. In the meantime, I'm glad that the alternate login page works!

• pdub
    pdub
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on getting the SW site to work from the home page? I just switched from Lastpass to 1password and Lastpass was able to do it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

@pdub: Did you try lil bobby's suggestion above? Please let us know if that helps, or if you run into any specific issues knowing some basic information will allow us to help you troubleshoot this better: the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. Thanks in advance! :)

• pdub
    pdub
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - yes, lil bobby's suggestion works, and I set that URL in my SW profile. I'll have to get used to using the site that way... I'm used to going to the site and having the pw manager log me in from there. Not a huge deal, but I'll have to change my habits.

I tried it on a Mac on both the latest versions of Chrome and Safari and seem to have the same experience as ajahn. It seems that there is an issue with the popover that Meek mentioned.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pdub: Indeed. We'll see if we can find a word more permanent solution with the extension itself, but if we're to aggressive it can break things on some sites since both are using Javascript, so we'll proceed cautiously. I'm glad to hear that workaround will work for you in the mean time!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Hey pdub, you mentioned you changed your SW profile. Where and how?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn I'll let @pdub correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they meant changing the URL in the item in 1Password. Locate the item and then click Edit to change the URL.

• pdub
    pdub
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, @jxpx777 is correct.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I love being right! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB